Bug tracker

Guest neogrant

I found several of the game modes to actually be disfunctional (other than affecting the list of available maps):

- "Team Alliance" doesn't force a team assignment to players like it should (meaning that it can end up a FFA if nobody chooses a team);

- conversely, "Free For All" doesn't prevent players from selecting teams, which it should;

- the "Naval War" and "Meat Grinder" modes don't impose any restrictions on what units can be built, which they should.

(Grant: please advise if it's actually OK for users to report bugs directly in this thread, or whether you'd rather prefer the reports to be made in the feedback/error logs threads and do the housekeeping here yourself.)

Hi guys,

I've had a few bugs since I've been playing. I didn't take any screenshots etc at the time but here's a description:

- Mouse pointer stuck in top left corner when game starts. Think this happens if you alt/tab during loading?

- After game finishes, on the screen you see your points, kills etc and normally click continue to go back to game lobby, the game minimises if I try to click continue. Only solution is to ctrl+alt+del and close the game, then relaunch client.

- Sometimes takes multiple attempts for me to login, no idea why.

Is there a thread anywhere which has optimal settings for Windows 7/Windows 8 and how to configure settings/ports etc for minimal lag?

- Also for my step brother who plays on Windows 8.1, his client freezes quite regularly, and he needs to relaunch client and then login with a new nickname as it says "currently still in use" or similar when he tries.

Hi guys,

- Mouse pointer stuck in top left corner when game starts. Think this happens if you alt/tab during loading?

You mean that its stuck and no matter even if force it back it still moves back.

I think its not a cnc client issue. I experienced this some times in single player mode years ago.

The stuck cursor thing seems to happen specifically if you go back to desktop (be it via Alt-Tab or the Windows key) from the loading screen, and then go back to the game with everyone having loaded and the game actually having started in the meantime. The obvious workaround is simply not to switch back to desktop if everyone seems to be loading fine, and do it only after the game has commenced.

BTW the resolution lock of the YR shell is actually doing a disservice here, given that it needlessly first switches from the desktop resolution to 800x600 for the loading screen, and then again to the resolution configured for the game (one annoying result of that is some desktop windows being resized).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having sli enabled seems to cause the display driver nvlddmkm to stop responding at certain points in game like the connection to other players lost menu or the score menu after the end of a game. Disabling sli in nvidia control panel fixes this. I'm using 2x gtx 680 cards in sli on windows 7. Also tried to enable 1 gpu rendering among other options for this game in nvidia control panel but same problem persists unless sli is completly disabled first.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this while keeping sli enabled?