Help. My Yuri's Revenge has laggy connection speed when playing on CncNet server

iMNaSTy

(SOLVED)

Hello there.

Here is my problem when i play Yuri's Revenge online using cncnet client. I had never problems on XWIS and also not when i play single player is the game at full speed. but only when im using cncnet client and host or join any game the whole game laggs. ( its like the game wants to run at full speed but something holds it back)  also other people laggs because of me. I have a high end pc and fast internet i will write my system specs below:

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard, Intel i7 4790K - Nvidia (Gigabyte) GTX 780 Overclocked, 12GB 1600mhz DDR3 Kingston Hyper-X Genesis, Primary 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Sata3 Drive, Windows 8.1 Professional 64Bit. 200MB / 20+Mb/p.s internet.

I already have '' Videobackbuffer '' off  and like i said single player works great.

I tried reinstalling game, even my whole windows to be sure but the problem still continues

Any solution, ideas or hints are welcome.

Thanks you for reading!

Hey sorry to see you're having problems.  Hvae to ask the obvious here - you tried with videobackbuffer on?

When you test with skirmish play - are you launching a game via cncnet with AI players only?

Hey sorry to see you're having problems.  Hvae to ask the obvious here - you tried with videobackbuffer on?

When you test with skirmish play - are you launching a game via cncnet with AI players only?

Hello thanks for the fast response.

When i play skrimish using cncnet client choosing ais the game lags too. i tried videobackbuffer on and it laggs even more.

But i have another yuris revenge installed on my second harddrive which is not cncnet patched and when i play skrimish there its at full speed.

I tried cncnet online patch on the second drive and it gave the same lag so it haves something to do with the cncnet client and my system (i guess)

I used to play on Xwis servers for years on the same system and never had those issues i really hope that my problem can be fixed i really like it here on CncNet.

When i play skrimish using cncnet client choosing ais the game lags too. i tried videobackbuffer on and it laggs even more.

But i have another yuris revenge installed on my second harddrive which is not cncnet patched and when i play skrimish there its at full speed.

I tried cncnet online patch on the second drive and it gave the same lag so it haves something to do with the cncnet client and my system (i guess)

I used to play on Xwis servers for years on the same system and never had those issues i really hope that my problem can be fixed i really like it here on CncNet.

Hey - the developers have just discussed this in chat, and possibly identified what the cause could be.

Could you try renaming game.dat to gamemd.exe and running gamemd.exe and see if you have the same lag problem in skirmish play ?

Hey - the developers have just discussed this in chat, and possibly identified what the cause could be.

Could you try renaming game.dat to gamemd.exe and running gamemd.exe and see if you have the same lag problem in skirmish play ?

I renamed game.dat to gamemd.exe and it recieved a YR logo on it but when i try to open it gives the following error '' Error - unable to set the video mode ''

I tried to start a game vs ais using cncnet client again and it still lags

Edit: Ive been to the properties of gamemd.exe and give it full administrator permissions for all applications&users but the error still occurs when i try to open gamemd.exe

1111.jpg.538bfa74215fc45112478b137f7f8095.jpg

Edit 2:  I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7 in properties and was able to open gamemd.exe and started a skrimish 1v1 and game has the same lag as playing on cncnet client i feel like we are getting closer to the solution

Edit 3: I reinstalled Yuri's revenge and played skrimish and was no lag, the lag clearly appears after patching the Ra2 folder with CncNet patch.

Screenshot_2.png.b3dd732e2da1bfc0fcf53740ecc24780.png

When you install CnCNet, is there gamemd.exe and game.dat in the folder together?

I got a original setup of Ra2/Yuri's Revenge with a legit serial. and i also have a (downloaded) Xwis version of Ra2/Yuri's Revenge.

The original setups installs the game under C:/Westwood/Ra2 while Xwis multiplayer version installs it on C:/Program Files(x86)/Red Alert 2.

When i apply the CncNet patch on Westwood/Ra2 folder there is both game.dat and gamemd.exe located.

But when i apply the CncNet patch on Program Files(x86)/Red Alert 2 folder there is only a game.dat file and no gamemd.exe.

and both of the versions do lag after patching with CncNet patch`

Edit: running the game using RA2MD.exe skrimish is also on full speed but gamemd.exe is slow

Edit 2: I found out that the problem is with the Screen resolution patch of CncNet client. when i dont apply the screen resolution patch the game is at 800x600 resolution but multiplayer runs at full speed. but when i apply the screen patch and put it on 1920x1080 it laggs. any ideas ?

Try playing with the YR settings in the settings menu of the CnCNet 5 client. Maybe it's the 'Use graphics patch' setting?

Otherwise try placing this ddraw.dll file in your game folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x10hvfosgn0k0mp/ddraw.dll?dl=0

Anyway, our apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello.

ddraw.dll  file fixed the speed issue. now i can play from cncnet client multiplayer with 1920x1080 resolution at full speed and i am very happy with that!. that was the most important issue.

But here is the next (little) bug: when i click on ESC while in game or click at the right upper corner to the settings button it laggs very much it makes me wait like 20seconds to show the settings and each time i click on a button, and also when i want to abort a game.

The bug appeared after i placed ddraw.dll in my game folder. so it fixed the speed issue and bugged the settings in YR. well i prefer to have more speed as being able to change settings in game.

Its not that very important but sometimes its useful to be able to get in settings to change the game speed, or when you forgot who is playing under which color that can be seen from settings.

For now my game is working and i really appreciate the help of you guys who spend time to fix my issue!.

But if you will find something about that slow settings issue please tell it to me when one of you guys ever learn something about it.

I will keep an eye on this topic.

Thanks again for all the clear information and great help!.