Want to Learn? Ask Me and I'll Teach

c0rpsmakr

I guess my question is how to play as GDI or NOD, as well as how to use text chat during battles. Yes, I am that much of a noob, but I am hoping to learn this game that I grew up watching my brother and older cousin play. It's one thing to do campaign mode, but it's a whole other story vs an actual person.

I guess my question is how to play as GDI or NOD, as well as how to use text chat during battles. Yes, I am that much of a noob, but I am hoping to learn this game that I grew up watching my brother and older cousin play. It's one thing to do campaign mode, but it's a whole other story vs an actual person.

Ye I understand. So:

F1-F7 individual player chat (pm)

F8 chat everyone

A to ally (click/select a unit or building of a player(your teammate preferably) and press A)

Read this Guide a few times will give you all basics that are required of newbies, once you learn some basics then people will be more willing to help imo. Since alot of the players have been playin a loooong time.

Also this blog has some other stuff like a couple of map guides. Two most common official (players refer to them as 'ww' maps) maps that are played; Terrace and Forest Fires. This blog has alot of posts by the author on the game(other than the beginners guide) and so alot of questions that you may have, mighta been already answered.

Then you will also notice players will kick you, so rather than play ask them to let you 'spectate' the games. Check out the CnCNet official youtube channel, they have alot of great multi-player game play videos of tiberian sun contributed by the community members. (watch the POV ones, those will help understand better what the player is doing/trying)

Play the official/ww maps in the beginning even if you dont like them, once you master them than modded/custom maps will be easy. In the begining players wont expect much from you in games, however some things are easy to do so get used to them like: try to scout enemy, warn your team mates of incoming attacks and try to copy what your allies are building/doing. And hey never build while power is low because during low power building is 50% slower.

EDIT: Mole's website is down so try this for the GUIDE http://docdro.id/x368 . Its version 3.1, the latest is v4 which I dont have. Nonetheless its an interesting read.