Want to Learn? Ask Me and I'll Teach

c0rpsmakr

There is a lot more activity lately and I would like to help foster the competition by teaching those who would like some help learning how to play. My name on cncnet is c0rpsmakr, and if you'd like me to show you some things or have some questions, I'd be happy to help. Feel free to send me a personal message on here if you'd like a more one-on-one tutorial and I'll set something up with you. Let's play :)

• Like 1

I'd like to learn Nod, learn to defend against dis 1-shots and mks, i know the basics but i just need tips and training. I'm happy to see someone wanting to help instead the usual kick out of the room from pros without even asking if u know to play or not :D

ROFL be sure to watch sol's videos on youtube has long terr matches. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEVSLnbEGMP4cOqH10SzVNw

corps you wanna teach make some tutorials for cncnet instead of 1 on 1 training if you can

there is a video f1rew0rx or someone with a name similar to that made where i was teaching them how to play that is about 40 minutes long on youtube somewhere.

it's more helpful to be able to address questions and explain specific situations on a case-by-case basis, imo.

I'd like to learn Nod, learn to defend against dis 1-shots and mks, i know the basics but i just need tips and training. I'm happy to see someone wanting to help instead the usual kick out of the room from pros without even asking if u know to play or not :D

nod is harder to be good with than gdi, as  you have to use a variety of units in different situations, as opposed to gdi, as well as having slower and more expensive attacks than gdi. in any game you play, your setup will dictate the pace of the game, and gdi has far more attack and rushing options than nod. the safest way to start a game is to scout the entire map, and if you are unable to scout inside your opponents base, scout the perimeter around it as close as possible, so that when they have an attack out, you are able to see it coming from any direction. the best defense nod has vs disrs are sams, because if they can't fly freely around inside your base, they won't be able to attack you at your most vulnerable spots. aside from having sams, rocket infantry are ideal vs disrs, as those combined with a couple of sams can prevent a disuptor from even landing, but having too many sams .... well, having too many of anything will cause you to sacrifice unnecessary money and time into units/buildings you dont even need, so the trick is to figure out a happy medium. 21 shots from a rocket infantry will kill it, so making 7 rockets will kill the disruptor in 3 shots, and making a laser when the disruptor lands along with an engineer to repair the building when it is about to die will allow you to kill the disruptor without losing a building if all of your rockets are hitting it. this is just a basic nod tip, but i have to go, so ill touch more on it later if you'd like.

Yes sure, thanks for the tip, will work on it :D

I know Nod is harder but dunno, i like it more. I don't mind GDI either, but it's just that I'd love to play Nod good. What is the "safest" attack Nod can do? Is sub-engi rush a good tactic? Or devils? Or banshees?

Guest Mechacaseal

Banshee spamming and spending all other resources on bunkering and expanding along with cluster missile is Nod's safest rout. if you have time to pull off an aggressive engi rush or commando rush then go ahead. i have a video i made earlier of me getting wrecked only to come out of it after collecting enough banshees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_RU_nrdw0&list=UUIw5O5QN4H9MuhD7zopdOSg

devil's tongues are also good if they have undefended areas.

Yes sure, thanks for the tip, will work on it :D

I know Nod is harder but dunno, i like it more. I don't mind GDI either, but it's just that I'd love to play Nod good. What is the "safest" attack Nod can do? Is sub-engi rush a good tactic? Or devils? Or banshees?

nod can really only attack once it's "teched", meaning it has made its tech center. nod's 4 attacks consist of subs+engs, subs+cc, banshees, and missile. nods other units are mostly defensive, or are far too easy to kill to be offensive units (eg devil's tongues, cycles, stealth tanks) unless your opponent has little to no defense in the area you're attacking. early on in the game, men rushes are used, but those are meant to scout the opponent and apply early game pressure to prevent 1/2 ref rush bo's, or to distract the opponent and supplement an attack using a stronger unit simultaneously, (eg sending infantry to kill an opponent's engineer so that they can't repair a building as you fly in a disruptor or cyborg commando) .

nod is the more defensive side of the two, and its attacks are more stealthy in nature, and can really only be used in vulnerable areas of your opponents base if they are controlled very well and very quickly (as engs are weak and die easily, once they come out of the sub you'd need to send them inside a building incredibly fast if there is defense nearby). an extremely useful hint is to "group" your units, by clicking the unit and holding down CNTRL and pressing a number, so that you can select the important unit immediately to control it. once you assign the unit a number, you can just press the number on  your keyboard and the unit will be selected and ready to be controlled. usually i assign the number 2 to my subs and a 1 to my primary attacking unit (cc or engs), but it's your preference :)

cyborg commandos (otherwise known as a cc) are strong, but against an rpg, a couple titans, or 2 bombers, they're easily destroyed, so they must be used like gdi uses mammoths (ie mks): by popping your sub up (usually along the outside of the opponents base) and picking off buildings or units in vulnerable areas, then retreating (again, best used by grouping your sub+cc).

banshees are expensive and take a while before you can really use them as offense, as you need at least 4 to take out a main building (war, mcv, or ref), but until then, they can be used as defense vs disrs, titans, or mks. it takes 3 to kill an opponent's ref that ISN'T being repaired, otherwise it takes at least 4, but if they have an engineer, you'll be wasting your time attacking their building. 5 banshees take out a main building in 2 shots, therefore it takes 10 to destroy a building in one volley.

multi missiles can take out any building in one hit, depending on the specific spot of the building that you target, and the angle that the missile is being shot from. generally, the one-shot location for missiles are between the center/top of the building you're trying to kill, so experiment and find out where they are, because missiles are very good to have, as nod can be under heavy pressure and isn't able to spend its money on attacking units like subs+engs or cc, and missiles once built can be continuously used for FREE + they can take out any structure if used right.

nod's attacks are best used in combination with eachother, because they're easy to thwart on their own. here are a few examples of combos:

-using an empty sub or devil's tongue to distract the opponent's defense while you use a sub full of engs or a cc in another part of their base is a good tactic, because when subterranean units are underground they all look the same to the opponent's Mobile Sensory Array (MSA, the unit that once deployed can detect underground units and stealthed buildings/units), so your opponent can't determine which ones are apcs and which are devils, nor are they able to tell which ones are full of units or empty.

-having some devils come burn the opponent's infantry around a building so engs can be used

-sending a harpy to shoot an opponent's eng or having a sub popup and squish the eng (by selecting the sub, holding down ALT and clicking on the infantry unit that you want to squish) so that only 4 banshees are needed to take out a building,

-if the opponent's defense will kill a cc before it can kill the building on its own, using a couple banshees in combination with a cyborg commando (cc) to take out a building faster

-using banshees and a missile together to knock out both your opponent's mcv and war factory.

there are many ways you can use your units together, but these are the most common examples.

Guest Mechacaseal

im actually embarrassed that you even got my mcv.

Came close to killing your war too lol. Woulda won instantly if I did.

you are absolutely dense if you think you were remotely close to even ko'ing me..... you are still learning the fundamentals of how to play the game, so it's best that you save your trash talk for after you do. id even teach you, but you come off as super pig-headed and i don't think it would be a useful investment in my time...

Guest Mechacaseal

you are absolutely dense if you think you were remotely close to even ko'ing me..... you are still learning the fundamentals of how to play the game, so it's best that you save your trash talk for after you do. id even teach you, but you come off as super pig-headed and i don't think it would be a useful investment in my time...

6o83nCO.png

your titans are basically dead and i had a cyborg commando coming out. and you have no mcv or expansion, you invested all of your early game funds into a failed ko. instead of blabbering incessantly and not knowing what you're doing, you should watch some other videos like sol, movieno0b, or kapa and learn some things...

Thanks a lot for all the tips! Maybe when we both have time we could play some together and you could give me more tips based on how i play? :D I know the basics and stuff, I'm hardcore dune 2000 online player, so i know to use control groups, alt, q etc. Btw, when the opponent is titan rushing, is emp the best defence as Nod?

Mecha, I've been watching your videos, I kinda like them. Managed to get over the shirtless thing and enjoy the matches and commentary lol.

Guest Mechacaseal

The main way nod counters titans is with artillery, ticks, and lasers. of course a emp is always good but you cant rely on that all the time.

Thanks a lot for all the tips! Maybe when we both have time we could play some together and you could give me more tips based on how i play? :D I know the basics and stuff, I'm hardcore dune 2000 online player, so i know to use control groups, alt, q etc. Btw, when the opponent is titan rushing, is emp the best defence as Nod?

Mecha, I've been watching your videos, I kinda like them. Managed to get over the shirtless thing and enjoy the matches and commentary lol.

You play tib alliances?

You play tib alliances?

Nope

emp is VERY important, but not a MUST unless they have an obscene amount of things, or you know they will be sending units constantly to where you wont be able to defend without it. ticks, rockets, lasers, hijacker, all very useful vs tits. artillery are good if you can control them, but id rather have ticks vs tits early on in the game, artillery are great for longer games, not shorter games.

and anytime you want some help just IM me on cncnet, ill be using c0rpsmakr, i have a wireless connection that gets disconnected sometimes so it will show my name as c0rpsmakr_0,1,2,3, etc until i relog back on.

emp is VERY important, but not a MUST unless they have an obscene amount of things, or you know they will be sending units constantly to where you wont be able to defend without it. ticks, rockets, lasers, hijacker, all very useful vs tits. artillery are good if you can control them, but id rather have ticks vs tits early on in the game, artillery are great for longer games, not shorter games.

and anytime you want some help just IM me on cncnet, ill be using c0rpsmakr, i have a wireless connection that gets disconnected sometimes so it will show my name as c0rpsmakr_0,1,2,3, etc until i relog back on.

Ok, thanks man :)