Sarcom - To make RA1 like it should have been

Warlord

I'm making a little mod called Sarcom.

Lots of people have said: "RA1 is inbalanced, the allies should be even with the soviets, this way no one is going to want to play as the allies" and "Ore on this game grows WAAY too slow, ore on maps run out quickly" and much more stuff.

This mod aims to fix some of these problems, so far this is what I've done.

Green = Done

Orange= Pending

Blue = Might be impossible

Red = Has been found to be impossible

Light Blue = Failed to do it

-Enable air transport for allies

-Make ore grow faster, but not flood the entire map with ore

-Remove Tanya from the soviets and replace her with a different commando, (since in RA1 Tanya wasn't on the soviets side)

-Remove the dirt under the RA1 buildings

-Add some of the classic TD music

-Add AfterMath Units

I'll add more stuff to this list as i get new ideas.

Let this be a great mod...  :P

Edited by Tore July the 4th 2009 - cleaned this post (the formatting was screwed up)

Find a voxel somewhere for the allies

You mean shp, right? RA1 doesn't use voxels.

And i don't think there's much people around willing to make me a new heavy tank to use. :P So i'll use that for now. But thanks for mentioning though. :) *adds to my to do list*

The mod isn't a bad idea. I just think you should do alot more research into RA1 modding before you continue this project. It's not impossible to do some things that you mentioned, It'll just take alot more time to reseach into it.

Good Luck. If you need a hand with anything that you're having MAJOR trouble with, just let me know on MSN. I'd like to see this project get lifted off the ground. 8-)

Edit : You are aware that removing the 'Dirt' from under the buildings is not impossible, at all. It is very easy to do, but requires acuracy with a SHP creator. Just don't forget to remove it from the damage frames, buildup frames, animation frames etc.

Changed the key colours due to skin change, and also, i figured out how to remove the dirt under the buildings. I've done it. ;)

I know i said i wouldn't but.. I wanted to see what it looked like, lol

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of RA1 without the dirt.

ra95 2008-01-01 18-56-47-15.png[/attachment:3a1tqcz5]

Pretty cool IMO.

Also, i have decided that the Allies will not have the heavy tank at all in this mod.

I don't have counterstrike or aftermath, and they won't work from TFD. :(

I have made it so that you can build your buildings more apart like TS. :)

I've also made it so that the AI doesn't end up allying with other AI players against you. :D

And yeah.. I'm having some internet problems lately so i won't be on nearly as much as usual. :(

I found a commando for the soviets to use instead of tanya, the C&C1 commando. :P

I will be releasing my first version of this mod soon, which i'm afraid won't have the expansions units. :(

Although i'll try to make sure future versions will. There will only be 3 versions of this mod, they will be the following:

- The Beta Version

- The Semi-Finished Version

- The Finished Version

(No confusing 1.01's for this mod. :P)

So yeah... The version that should have the expansions units is the semi-finished versions.

EDIT: I'm sad to say that from what i have researched and asked Tore and other people about on MSN, the AfterMath units are hardcoded, and you know what that means.. :(

So for now.. That task is in the RED[/color:12i93cz4].

EDIT: I'm sad to say that from what i have researched and asked Tore and other people about on MSN, the AfterMath units are hardcoded, and you know what that means.. :(

So for now.. That task is in the RED[/color:2ouc349q].

Thats not what I meant. I said it is impossible to add new units to RA1. I know there is mods around that have new units, but they have replaced the old ones. Also you can make infantry out of civilians but the infantry will not lay down when attacked, and will run around like civilians. The same apples to vehicle's. If you replace a convoy truck with a heavy tank, it wont be able to turn its turret and will behave like a convoy truck, If you can hardcode you can add new units.

RA1 vehicles have now been made slower like they are in real life. I have asked people on msn and more people said they should be slower than people who said they should not change, so they get the win. :)

Beta release is going to be on 20/01/08. :D

Here's what you've all been waiting for. :D

The release of the beta version of Sarcom!

Sarcom_BETA.zip[/attachment:mnbr76rf]

Perfect time to release it... Just when you've only got one day left of freedom in the weekend! :twisted:

..I'll try and release it at a better time next time. :P

EDIT: There's someone i didn't credit in the readme, the guy who made the C&C1 commando for me to use, where i downloaded it from his name wasn't known. So i have not added him to the list, i was the one who made the cameo, it was just the shp this other guy made.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok we have a little problem here.. I've installed the small infantry mod to use in my own mod, (i'll have to credit nyerguds in the readme) but.. The C&C1 commando i added is huge compared to all the other small infantry, :rolleyes:

so i need a smaller version of it that fits in with the other smaller infantry. :|

I tried extracting the actual C&C1 commando from TD but TD and RA1 have different pallets for infantry so the commando turned out in the wrong colour ingame. :(

Unlesss somebody wishes to make one for me, it will take some time for me to change the colours so they are the right pallet.

• 4 weeks later...

many years ago i disabled all the bib in red alert, too...

i want to tell u that the AI in the skirmish mode place/build structures in middle of the refinery, so the harvs cannot unload the ore and gems, if the bib is disabled for the refinery...

well... good to know for all humans, but the AI is there stupid...

humans will know that u can place/build structures in middle of the refinery, so they dont build any structures in middle of the ref... but the AI does...

so be careful if u play this mod in skirmish, u will win easily cuz the ai will not get ore/gems...

or enable the bib again for the refinery...

bye