Red Alert 1, Possibility for the player to be controlled by the AI fully?

Boso

Hey guys, I have been messing around with Red Alert for a while, and the closest I have ever gotten to having the AI control the player was by setting all the IQ settings in rules.ini to 0. Surely there has to be a way to make the AI completely control the human team. Everyone probably knows about ARES, a YR Revenge Expansion DLL for Red Alert 2. There is an option to make the AI completely take control of the player using a simple hotkey. This makes the team build units, attack using different teams, and create buildings. I assume something like this is possible, there might be something similar to this which can be done in Red Alert 1.

Replying would be appreciated :)

you create a mission where you set

IQ=5

PlayerControl=yes

for a house.

I did that, works fine! The guy acts like a skirmish AI, but you can control his units.  :yo: I don't know if it this is possible too if you do this for the player's natural house defined in the [basic] section.

A hotkey feature to change the behavior doesn't exist.

Maybe you could use one of Irans triggers to change the IQ of the player's house (which is Multi1 in skirmish games) by an event like the destruction of a building this trigger is linked to.

see http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2598.15 #17- Set_House_lQ.

Check it out!