Trojan in Launcher?

cncuser

Question

8 answers to this question

When I tried playing YR my anti-virus software blocked launcher.exe and put it in quarantine, calling it a Trojan. Every time I try to re-download/update, it keeps getting blocked.

Is anyone having the same problem?

Hey sorry to hear this, what anti-virus are you using? Its a false report, you can check to be sure here though. https://www.virustotal.com/

When I tried playing YR my anti-virus software blocked launcher.exe and put it in quarantine, calling it a Trojan. Every time I try to re-download/update, it keeps getting blocked.

Is anyone having the same problem?

I have the same problem with Norton with every update telling me it's a 'WS_Reputation'. I have to restore and exclude the file every time. But it's just a false positive because I've been using cncnet.exe and related files for over 5 years now with no problems. I think there's a way to submit the file(s) to the antivirus companies, but I've been too lazy to look into it because it only takes a few seconds to restore and exclude.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I restored the file, but it keeps getting flagged as a Trojan every time I start the game. I don't think I can submit it to Avira or flag is as safe either. My solution is to disable Avira, start the game, and enable Avira again. A lot of hassle, but it works for now.