Need help for survival map making

Alpaca

Hi all. Im making survival map. I created taskforces, they working. created script, working, createed teams and triggers working. all seems good. but when I play map, enemy ai forces attacks to game host first. Or all units attacks same one unit. I did "change house @playera,b,c,d,..h

Rival AI literally walking pass the other players and attacks his selected target. I showed taskforces-triggers to attack 4 different waypoints (for every players base) but nope.. WHY? :D

using final alert. for ra2yr

latest version map is in here skynet enhanced: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=4908

I really stuck on this...

What i tried:

I gived players to "change house" thing. a,b,c,d,e,f,g for players and h for AI (AI placed at 8  ) not worked. I erased still not worked.

I tried different script types:

attack

hunt

patrol

guard

aaaaaand nope. AI still attacks like idiot. all units attacks same one unit.

I would be really grateful if someone look at my map in FA and show me wtf is wrong...

edit: i made some progress.

AI sometimes attacks good, but sometimes still all attacks same unit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi alpaca. Glad to see yer maps.

It would be great if you make one thread named survival maps downloads where players here can download survival maps. thanks

btw can you make a survival maps good for 1 and two players?

Hi there :)

"It would be great if you make one thread named survival maps downloads where players here can download survival maps."

I didnt understand what u mean. U mean I must make thread for ALL survival maps from different makers? or just my maps?

"btw can you make a survival maps good for 1 and two players?"

I must do the  AI perfect before making new surv maps. AI still not good as I wanted. IDK why.

I didnt understand what u mean. U mean I must make thread for ALL survival maps from different makers? or just my maps?

IDK who and How maybe theres a master thread name DOWNLOAD SURVIVAL MAPS and in there would be sub threads by different map makers with their maps.

Good Luck with your maps and hope you will be able to perfect the AI so you would be able to finalize all your maps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have made a ton of survival maps for red alert 2 i can help you.

Pls upload it and give link. tNX

Look in the ra2/yrm maps section i added 1 map.

I would be really grateful if someone look at my map in FA and show me wtf is wrong...

So where do you need help ? What do you want the Ai to do ?

I have made a ton of survival maps for red alert 2 i can help you.

Pls upload it and give link. tNX

Look in the ra2/yrm maps section i added 1 map.

So where do you need help ? What do you want the Ai to do ?

Hi. Thanks for response.

AI most likely picks a target and attack it. I mean all of the AI group units picks one specific unit and attack it blindly, not attacking to other units while going etc. Im trying to make  AI units attacks nearest enemy by individual. I try to make Each AI unit attack nearest enemy of itself. But I cant. I dont know how to do... Do you know how to do? ^^

Yes there is a method to do what you want, i use it in all my maps.

You need the enemy to patrol to your base after that give it the mission to hunt. When its (the group of units) patrolling, it will shoot everything what comes in the range, when you go out of its range it will continue with the patrol (until the script is finished).

It will not "Lock On"a target like you mentioned.

Using this method will bring other problem with it ------> If your group of vehicles consist of more than 12 units, they likely to get stuck at the end of the patrol. So you need to figure out how to fix that. But keep in mind that if you are using this "trick", it will be MUCH harder to kill the computer.

Here try my map          http://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5461.0                     

Read the instructions first. This map is a good example of "smart ai" and what is possble in red alert 2.

Yes there is a method to do what you want, i use it in all my maps.

You need the enemy to patrol to your base after that give it the mission to hunt. When its (the group of units) patrolling, it will shoot everything what comes in the range, when you go out of its range it will continue with the patrol (until the script is finished).

It will not "Lock On"a target like you mentioned.

Using this method will bring other problem with it ------> If your group of vehicles consist of more than 12 units, they likely to get stuck at the end of the patrol. So you need to figure out how to fix that. But keep in mind that if you are using this "trick", it will be MUCH harder to kill the computer.

Here try my map          http://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5461.0                     

Read the instructions first. This map is a good example of "smart ai" and what is possble in red alert 2.

Sounds great! :) So I must do add 2 script

1- patrol

2- hunt

*(unit count must be less than 12)

Is this right?

..And there is 2 patrol versions, which one is right?

a- patrol to waypoint

b- do this---->patrol

thanks!

Did you figured it out ?

Nope :( I did patrol &hunt but didnt work. could you look at map in fa2 and show me whats wrong, please? map attached below.

U  mentioned units amount must be under 12.  Is this means Each AI group must be under 12units? or Whole AI units must be under 12?

Im creating 10units with attack scriptA, 10units with scriptb,  10units with scriptc, 10units with scriptD. and 1seconds later repeating 10+10+10+10

The script is ok that's not the issue. In Teams  disable the "recruiter" and anoyence. Also using neutral and special units can bring some weird bugs and glitches with them. It's more likely to work if you stick only with the official "Sov,Allied,Yuri" units.

Instead of refixing that map, i suggest that you start from scratch again. Now you know how to build up the taskforces teams etc.

Make a simple test map first, give yourself 30 rhino tanks :P , make 2 or 3 waves to start with. If you happy with how the Ai act u can always expand to more waves and so on, but the most important is u dont need to refix so much. In teams enable only teammembersrecruitble and agressive.

The more you test the better you wil understand.

The script is ok that's not the issue. In Teams  disable the "recruiter" and anoyence. Also using neutral and special units can bring some weird bugs and glitches with them. It's more likely to work if you stick only with the official "Sov,Allied,Yuri" units.

Instead of refixing that map, i suggest that you start from scratch again. Now you know how to build up the taskforces teams etc.

Make a simple test map first, give yourself 30 rhino tanks :P , make 2 or 3 waves to start with. If you happy with how the Ai act u can always expand to more waves and so on, but the most important is u dont need to refix so much. In teams enable only teammembersrecruitble and agressive.

The more you test the better you wil understand.

Thanks for infos! Can I test my maps  with 3 ally AI? for example If I create me as in teamA, and 3 more AI in team A, then one AI in team B. Is this setup will work like 4 human player? Will Rival (B) AI attack to my teammate AIs as attacks me?

Can I test my maps  with 3 ally AI?<<  Yes but not recommended.

Make it super simple, let it attack only you. A 1player survival to start with. Blank map, 10x10 gem patch for yourself+army of tanks(5minutes work), just sit back and watch how the ai will attack.

Let the first attack come in the first 20 sec (you got a army of 30rhinos right?)

If need some adjustment then you can quickly quit, go back to FA2 edit some thing and try again all in just a few minutes. That is the fastest way to test it. When you happy with it, link the same attacks to the other player(s) but spawning from diffrent waypoints.

Script:         

scatter

patrol to waypoint ...

do this 15

or a better script :

scatter

patrol to waypoint ..A

patrol to waypoint ..B

do this 15

succes

jump to line 1 or 2       

That way it will always be in a patrol mode (having at least 2 waypoints).

More waypoints = more area to scan for enemy's.

Script::          Attack 1 not specified << meens it will lock on a (sometimes random) target and unlock ONLY if the target is destroyed, so don't use that script.

You can combine the attacks in 1 trigger:

Trigger 1 Attack1

event: elapse time ...

---------------------------

new action 0 : 80/waypoint ../ teamA ...

new action 1 : 80/waypoint ../ teamB ...

new action 2 : 80/waypoint ../ teamC ...

new action 3 : 80/waypoint ../ teamD ...

Action 80 is limited with the amount of units it can spawn at a time but very usefull.

All in 1 trigger (max 14 actions in a trigger)

You will get there by trial and error, a lot is possible in FA2 just be patient.

Giving away my secrets  :laugh:

Thanks man! Ill work on this :)

Can I test my maps  with 3 ally AI?<<  Yes but not recommended.

Make it super simple, let it attack only you. A 1player survival to start with. Blank map, 10x10 gem patch for yourself+army of tanks(5minutes work), just sit back and watch how the ai will attack.

Let the first attack come in the first 20 sec (you got a army of 30rhinos right?)

If need some adjustment then you can quickly quit, go back to FA2 edit some thing and try again all in just a few minutes. That is the fastest way to test it. When you happy with it, link the same attacks to the other player(s) but spawning from diffrent waypoints.

Script:         

scatter

patrol to waypoint ...

do this 15

or a better script :

scatter

patrol to waypoint ..A

patrol to waypoint ..B

do this 15

succes

jump to line 1 or 2       

That way it will always be in a patrol mode (having at least 2 waypoints).

More waypoints = more area to scan for enemy's.

Script::          Attack 1 not specified << meens it will lock on a (sometimes random) target and unlock ONLY if the target is destroyed, so don't use that script.

You can combine the attacks in 1 trigger:

Trigger 1 Attack1

event: elapse time ...

---------------------------

new action 0 : 80/waypoint ../ teamA ...

new action 1 : 80/waypoint ../ teamB ...

new action 2 : 80/waypoint ../ teamC ...

new action 3 : 80/waypoint ../ teamD ...

Action 80 is limited with the amount of units it can spawn at a time but very usefull.

All in 1 trigger (max 14 actions in a trigger)

You will get there by trial and error, a lot is possible in FA2 just be patient.

Giving away my secrets  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I Made a new map from zero.. I created waves each has 10 units. I used scripts with "patrol to waypoint". aaaaaand nope. AI dont follow my script attack order. Attacks like stupid. still dont attack on the way... goes for one target...

Ziiip can you help me?

Other map makers also welcome to help me.

map is in attachment

Ziiip; Would you like to review some of my maps? Would like to have some advice from a experienced map maker.

Sure no problem but start a diffrent topic please