Games keeps crashing

Hostage

Question

This is really pissing me off now, 10/15 minutes into a game and, BOOM!, my game crashes.

If I play a map myself its fine, it just happens when I play with random people.

Does any one know how to stop this?, downloaded the game from EA Origin.

Untitled.png.6d2aedbdc1edff69b0c4e80bb252ad51.png

13 answers to this question

This is really pissing me off now, 10/15 minutes into a game and, BOOM!, my game crashes.

If I play a map myself its fine, it just happens when I play with random people.

Does any one know how to stop this?, downloaded the game from EA Origin.

Hello, what operating system are you running?

Are you playing different maps, or the same maps?

How often does this happen when you play with different players?

this error is normal. IT happens for me too. according to your screenshot there are alot of units there. Normally this error happens only if you hav a bad pc or you hav mods installed. By bad i mean like 2gb of ram and 2.0ghz. I also encountered this error sometimes due to my crappy videocard even if i had good specs. Also pls tell if you hav any mods installed or if you hav the game installed in C:\

I also suppose this error happens if you are low on space in C:\ or any other background processes running. Is this problem happening on 1vs1 battles too.

For me this error appear only in survival maps where you need to fight like 10000 units.I also run the game in 800x600 resolution.

I only really play survival, its great!

My computer is, well, a super computer! ;) 16Gb of Ram, GeForce GTX 750 TIU, however, I've got a ssd as a boot driver and a slandered HDD where I install everything, including, Origin w/ Command and Conquer. Maybe that's my issue. 

EDIT -

I dont have any mods installed, only other downloadable maps, Im running window 7 64 bit with a i7.

For me this error appear only in survival maps where you need to fight like 10000 units.I also run the game in 800x600 resolution.

I only really play survival, its great!

My computer is, well, a super computer! ;) 16Gb of Ram, GeForce GTX 750 TIU, however, I've got a ssd as a boot driver and a slandered HDD where I install everything, including, Origin w/ Command and Conquer. Maybe that's my issue. 

EDIT -

I dont have any mods installed, only other downloadable maps, Im running window 7 64 bit with a i7.

i don't think orgin is the problem. I think its cuz you hav 64bit windows. Try setting your resolution to 16 bit and see if you can run the game then.I know on fullscreen it auto change to 16bit but it worths a try. You can also try to select only 1 affinity cpu in task manager.

Its pretty strange why you get this error since you hav 16gb ram. Try opening RA2MD.ini go to [Video] section change this AllowVRAMSidebar=No to AllowVRAMSidebar=Yes

In this way all items from queue bar from right will be rendered by gpu instead of cpu. This could give you a fps boost in case your gpu has good video memory and since you hav GeForce GTX 750 TIU i expect it has 2gb of video memory. Can you also see if you encounter this problem in a skirmish battle with 6 brutal ai.You can also you some cheats to simulate those mass of units from your screenshot. Please tell me if your game crashes too in skirmish if you hav alot of units or only if you hav a normal amount of them.

Another idea is to download a pirated copy of the game like me, red alert 2 first then yuri revenge. Then install cncnet there also make sure you don't hav the game installed in windows partition cuz it can't modify some files sometimes even if you hav admin rights or you are admin it happened to me in the past.

EDIT: i also noticed there are some peoples wich hav different problems related to the origion version so maybe you were right its origin fault

RedSigma, PLEASE stop posting your "advice" here. You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.

-There are ALWAYS tons of other background processes running on your system. That's Windows, and your various drivers.

-I doubt the amount of units in his game came close to anything that would've crashed the game. I've seen games with hundreds of units that didn't crash.

-Nowadays, practically everyone has PCs that are ridiculously higher-specced than the game requirements.

-64 bit doesn't matter AT ALL. All 64-bit PCs can perfectly run 32-bit programs.

And no, the Origin version doesn't add anything that can make the game crash like that. Once you're past its new startup DRM checks, the game is 100% original.

Can't hurt, I guess... but I doubt it's related to the error.

Mind you, these games are old and rather buggy, and often have trouble for pretty much the opposite reason as the one RedSigma said; specs too low is rarely a problem these days, but older games often have trouble running well on newer operating systems.

Advice I can give you:

-Open the game's properties in the Origin games list and check the option to disable Origin In-Game. That stuff is nothing but trouble on the C&C games, and doesn't work in them anyway.

-Find your game folder, open the properties of the exe files, and set compatibility mode on the exe file (RA2.exe / game.exe / yuri.exe / ra2md.exe / gamemd.exe). Generally, the Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode is advised, but on some systems, XP SP2 works better. Though I'd think cncnet would take care of all that...

I know you can update yuri's revenge through the origin client aswell. Open origin then go to "my games" and right click yuris to download the latest update.

Also, internal errors are usually caused by the mod map that you happen to be playing. Try downloading and installing these survival maps into your custom maps folder:

https://sites.google.com/site/flyingzmaps/

Try playing them with other players and post back if you still get an internal even on those maps. Flyingz's survivals are some of the most played mod maps on YR. If you get an error on these maps then more than likely it'd be your system that would have something to do with the cause.

Also i'm not sure on sync and except files either. Supposedly they're what can cause recon errors along with 3rd party software like map hacks.

That except.txt, and those other mentioned files probably too, are LOG FILES. They do not affect your game. Quite the opposite; they give all details of the last game crash that happened. So yes, you're going to have them in there after a crash, but the files don't cause the crash... the crash causes the files :dry:

Also i know that 32bit games work on 64bit but it was just an idea since for me the game is running much faster when is windowed.

Um. The 32-64 bit thing is completely and utterly unrelated to windowed mode. You're confusing it with the 16-bit colours thing. The first is CPU architecture. The second is colour depth. Completely unrelated.

That except.txt, and those other mentioned files probably too, are LOG FILES. They do not affect your game. Quite the opposite; they give all details of the last game crash that happened. So yes, you're going to have them in there after a crash, but the files don't cause the crash... the crash causes the files :dry:

Also i know that 32bit games work on 64bit but it was just an idea since for me the game is running much faster when is windowed.

Um. The 32-64 bit thing is completely and utterly unrelated to windowed mode. You're confusing it with the 16-bit colours thing. The first is CPU architecture. The second is colour depth. Completely unrelated.

maybe is just my shitty pc running games faster in windowed mode. Btw im not sure if aero is already disabled in 16bit mode but it worths a try.