Modding C&C TD ; Questions on Preliminaries

themug

Hi to all,

I am relatively new to this cncnet.org but not to the classic games. I wish to mod C&C TD.

For those interested in sharing some knowledge, please copy paste the questions with your answer in your reply.

Thanks

Here we go :

1. What C&C TD version should I use in order to Mod the game ? I own EA Ultimate Collection but I patched it with http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/

2. How should I set up my mod workspace ? e.g : Be able to run the original and modded version separately.

3. In order to begin working on anything, I need to view exe, dll, etc. source codes. I have acquired most tools from the sticky thread in the modding forum discussion but I haven"t found any solid ressource in regards to source programming of the game.

I have java object oriented programming but none in the C. Any tools or advice is greatly appreciated .

That is all for now. :laugh:

There is no source to edit. It's all just messing around inside the hardcoded data inside the exe file. The only "programming" that could help you is x86 Assembler.

Anyway, it all largely depends on what you mean with "modding"; changing graphics and sounds in the game doesn't require any exe changes. But once you get to changing unit stats, that's where it all gets kinda tricky.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no source to edit. It's all just messing around inside the hardcoded data inside the exe file. The only "programming" that could help you is x86 Assembler.

Anyway, it all largely depends on what you mean with "modding"; changing graphics and sounds in the game doesn't require any exe changes. But once you get to changing unit stats, that's where it all gets kinda tricky.

I dont think the x86 assembler suggestion you shared applies, less perhaps my clarifications are made better for your understanding and applies to what I mean;

What I mean by modding involves the two you refer to, fortunately, if I seeked about changing graphics and music or make a map, I find much ressources to do so, thanksto this community, yourself andyoutubers

Where it gets tricky is how I will try to explain to you by sharing a particular interest ;

How should one go about changing the income system ( unit based ei. harvester or not ) of the game?

This i hope clarifies the intent of my post. I have found many tools and ressources for particular objects but none in where my ends gravitatetoward.

means to an end, the tool.

Thanks in advance for any contributions, Nyerguds users, modders readers.

All of the tools you found on the net (I assume you mean the various editors for unit stats, etc. that have been around forever) are essentially hacks with a user interface. None of them though, as far as I know, supports the variables you want to change. So raw assembly is what you're looking at.

As for the income system - mappers have found a nifty way to circumvent harvesters by reinforcing cash to the players via cargo planes, but that is somewhat limiting since it doesn't work if there is an airstrip on the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the silly question, but i need a little help =/

Im put sandbags to be build for both teams, worked one time, but now only NOD had the sandbag, only appear in the NOD tab, not GDI anymore =/ (i used the TIBED) and this is from the settings.ini file created by the tibed:

[sBAG]

Unknown0=0

Unknown1=5254476

Unknown2=0

BuildingWidth=0

PowerDrain=0

PowerProduction=0

TiberiumStorage=0

Unknown7=0

Armour=2

Secondary=None

Primary=None