Can't connect for no reason.

Ford (retired)

Question

When I log in the game says "Error: Cannot join game, you are banned!"

Screenname: AndrewFord

But I didn't actually say or do anything harmful. Someone on the same IP range got the entire network banned which isn't fair. I know I was a rude and offensive player in the past, but a year has past since then and I shown good behaviour on CnCNet since then.

I am a passionate Red Alert 1 player, I even choose to make gameplay videos and expand the player base beyond what it is by sharing the game along with the download on other media.

If unbanning doesn't feel just for whatever reason, at least specify the duration of the ban please and thank you!  :)

10 answers to this question

Hmmm...someone send me link of someone impersonating me. Someone admitted that they were your roommate and that they were the impostors not you. Maybe talk to your roommate and straighten things out. Then send proof to FunkyFresh. Whoever it was, they must have known that break calls me a Mexican. This person must have been real mad at me.  :(

I don't want to be the babysitter this time, I'm showing them the logs and let them decide how long you are going to be banned. Will tell you the result tomorrow once I talked to all of them.

If you want to get unbanned faster then get in contact with all the guys you (or your friend) been impersonating, that being yuz, diga, thndr and ifuc. I will unban once they were sending me a message

I didn't see yuz yet so I still don't know the ban length they want. You guys can already talk to thndr here in the forums, diga said he contacted you via youtube so there should be a way to talk to him and ifuc didn't care enough to log in to the forums yet

Hopefully I will see yuz today so I can forward him to the forums

LOL Funky. Please unban him. He impersonated me in the end, eh? As I told you via PM, since official cheaters caught by you are playing freely, since insults (including racist and gay rape insults) are OK in the lobby, let AndrewFord come back please. I'm calling Thunder and ifuc to get reasonable too, if they read this. I know these guys well. They won't reject, or I'll beat the hell out of them in 1v1s till they forgive Andrew. Everybody, chill. B)

LOL Funky. Please unban him. He impersonated me in the end, eh? As I told you via PM, since official cheaters caught by you are playing freely, since insults (including racist and gay rape insults) are OK in the lobby, let AndrewFord come back please. I'm calling Thunder and ifuc to get reasonable too, if they read this. I know these guys well. They won't reject, or I'll beat the hell out of them in 1v1s till they forgive Andrew. Everybody, chill. B)

Thanks yuz, i hope they come through. As for DIGA he commented me something really rude so I don't know if he will forgive me. And DIGA honestly was the only person who wasn't impersonated from my network. I'll take responsibility for the others though.

([email protected]) that was my gamesurge ID and that was used for impersonating THNDER, yuz and ifuc. Notice the telus.net thats my internet provider which means ALL my gamesurge logins from any computer will show that.

([email protected]) that was the fake DIGA's gamesurge ID.

Thanks yuz, i hope they come through. As for DIGA he commented me something really rude so I don't know if he will forgive me. And DIGA honestly was the only person who wasn't impersonated from my network. I'll take responsibility for the others though.

([email protected]) that was my gamesurge ID and that was used for impersonating THNDER, yuz and ifuc. Notice the telus.net thats my internet provider which means ALL my gamesurge logins from any computer will show that.

([email protected]) that was the fake DIGA's gamesurge ID.

Both are the same, one is the hostname of your provider and the other one is the ip.

I just asked the guys if we can lower the ban time, cause I think 6month is way too much. Could manage to lower it to 1month

I still think it's a good idea to let the players decide the ban time, been already doing it before and probably will continue like this. But maybe should set a 1month limit (or maybe 2month)