Complaint: Players promoted to Admin like Rossi and DefMike must be demoted

ElmerFudd

Question

TOPIC - Complaint: Players promoted to Admin like Rossi and DefMike must be demoted back to player

Hi all,

Bottom Line Up Front: I got banned for who knows how long for something any normal person would do.

Why are RA1 players like Rossi and DefMike channel admin? Whoever made the decision to promote them to admin made a big mistake. I remember Rossi as a RA1 player and never as admin. In the back of mind, I thought players as admin was not a good idea. It is unprofessional to have players as admin. This creates a conflict of interest among other problems.

Why are 2 RA1 players admin and no other games represented? Since I am a player, I would never want to be admin no matter how much I contribute. Look at XmeXyou he does a lot for TS, but he is not channel admin.

In Rossi's case, I sense a micro manager that is going too far.

He claims I was spamming the lobby. If I was spamming the lobby, the spam bot would detect that and kick me. Right? Well, it did not detect I was spamming because I was not. I was chatting with another player and I did up to maybe 10 !seen commands where I was looking up old players that I haven't seen in a long time. Is this spamming? No it's not.

In Rossi's case, I have previously observed where it seemed someone got banned for potentially retribution reasons. I did not see the whole story. So, I cannot confirm this. It looked suspicious as I was watching the lobby.

The main chat seems like a cold and barren place these days. I noticed this trend a long time ago. I figure players are afraid to do anything in the lobby for fear they will get banned by Rossi or DefMike.

I criticized Rossi. I get the sense you can get banned for that too.

It does not feel right to see players as admin. I have been suppressing this feeling ever since I first noticed players as admin.

I remember the lobby as an active lively place a while back where you can chat freely and have fun. I do think spamming should be stopped. Isn't that what the bot is for? Let the bots do the job. Human channel admins are subject to bias and other human emotions that can get distorted over time.

Why does the lobby need bots and human channel admins? Demote the players and let the bots do the job in a objective and consistent manner.

4 answers to this question

In the back of mind, I thought players as admin was not a good idea. It is unprofessional to have players as admin. This creates a conflict of interest among other problems.

It's actually really hard to find people who want to babysit a massive channel that's (seemingly) full of kids that pick on each other 24/7 and use foul language most of the time. Especially if you want to find them outside the community itself since there's no reward for being a channel moderator.

I believe the reason why moderators/admins come from the RA1 community is that it's the most active sub-community here and they are closest to the developers so it's easier to find people you think you could trust.

I can't say anything about this case as I'm not involved in the moderation process, sorry. My two cents.

We already had the bot drop off the server a couple times cause one started to spam commands and others joined and started to spam together. This should not happen anymore since the bot got output limits now, but rosssi knew about these problems. He only asked you to stop spamming bot commands, why you cannot give him a normal answer instead of going full offensive and throwing things at him? Just tell him that you weren't around for some time and you just wanted to check some old names, no problems with that

Hello,

This is Rosssi. I gave you a fair share of warnings before I banned and removed you from the group. You were being rude and obnoxious towards other players and spamming the bot. I asked you numerous of times to please stop and you did not listen. If you like I can pull the logs, and show you exactly what you did wrong. We have rules in the chat room and we would like all our players to follow them, and not cause any problems between other members.

If a player continues to Swear, talk about religion or politics you will be removed from the chat. I'm a very fair Admin and give plenty of warnings about the topics. Why wouldn't you listen when I gave you warnings before being removed from the chat?