Any fix for TS higher resolutions crash?

LegionIX

Question

I'm working with the origin version of TS because my antivirus keeps chewing up the CNCNet download. Can't seem to get rid of the old "Internal Error" crash related to the fog of war on higher resolutions. Has there been any solution?

Same issue as described here https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=3026.0 for reference. Out of curiosity, is this solved with the CnC net singleplayer beta? Just trying to figure out if its worth fighting my antivirus.

While we're at it, is there a non-hacky fix to the lag associated with high resolutions?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Do you have all the updates for Windows Defender? I submitted the installer to Microsoft not too long ago and they updated the definitions so that the false positive should be gone.

Updated today, still killing the download of the singleplayer beta. Multiplayer installer seems to be fine, though that wasn't what I was looking for.

Any luck otherwise with the exception log?

Sorry, I missed your post. I just checked it, this crash is not fixed in any of our installers/patches. I also didn't had any logs of it yet, but I guess that's because we have the fog of war disabled on multiplayer games.

In other words, installing our singleplayer version will not solve this error yet. We have to take a look into it and get it fixed