need help with my map

FactorX

Am new to this check the manual still cant get my reinforcements to come on the map... someone check my mission map and tell me glitches.

The team i want to enter the map is called fire up. Anyone is free to assist and giving me technical advice on my flaws.

P.S i am new to this so please keep the criticism level at low or at least dont be going too minute into details since this is my first map made on CCMAP. Thank You!

1. Don't use spaces in the names of triggers or team types. It's advised to keep your triggers around a length of 4 characters, and your teamtypes around a length of 8 characters.

2. The Win and Lose triggers should not be in the celltriggers list. Only "Player Enters" triggers can be in that list.

3. "strt", which IS a Player Enters trigger, does NOT have celltriggers linked to it.

4. Your Win and Lose triggers are switched. You say that you win if all GDI are destroyed, and lose if all Nod are destroyed, but it is a mission for GDI. The house side specified in a trigger is NOT who gets the effect, it is who CAUSES the trigger to activate. "Win" and "Lose" are ALWAYS for the player.

5. That nuke will be shot at you right after you start the game. That time is NOT in minutes, it's in C&C's own internal timer, which is closer to seconds. Look at the original missions to see how much they usually give nukes (usually, around 200-300)

6. "Time" triggers are a bit odd... they don't always work unless you link them to the player side. Again, this has NO EFFECT on who gets the result. The only parameter that can be given to the trigger action is the teamtype. It's best to check this in the original missions. After all, the nukes work there ;)

7. If you give a trigger with celltriggers the "1" status at the end, that means that the trigger (in your case, "strt" which starts production) will ONLY be started after EVERY CELL with this trigger has been activated. So don't do that unless you really mean to. This is the kind of system that gives the GDI player in the campaign the Airstrike only after all SAMs are destroyed.

Good god, how much crap did you cram into that poor helicopter? You shouldn't use chinooks to deliver vehicles, it looks stupid. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't assign flight paths to helicopters.

I don't have a map editor here, but I can look at the ini coding... ASAP is a cell trigger. As a cell trigger, it should work like this:

[TeamTypes]
reinf1=GoodGuy,0,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,11,MCV:1,RMBO:1,TRAN:1,E3:2,E2:2,TRAN:1,E2:3,E1:2,HTNK:3,MTNK:2,JEEP:2,2,Move:0,Unload:0,0,0
fireup=GoodGuy,1,0,1,0,0,7,0,0,0,10,E1:1,E2:4,E3:4,RMBO:2,TRAN:2,HTNK:3,MTNK:2,MSAM:2,JEEP:3,MCV:1,2,Move:2,Unload:2,0,0

[Triggers]
ASAP=Player Enters,Reinforce.,0,GoodGuy,fireup,0
win=All Destr.,Win,0,BadGuy,None,0
lose=All Destr.,Lose,0,GoodGuy,None,0
nuke=Time,Nuclear Missile,300,BadGuy,None,0
strt=Player Enters,Production,0,BadGuy,None,0

[CellTriggers]
3490=ASAP

(still needs celltriggers assigned to "strt" though)

With this setup, you get your reinforcements delivered to waypoint #2 (cell 3745) when a unit of your side (Goodguy) walks on cell 3490.

However, since you don't HAVE any GDI units placed on the map, this is going to be VERY hard to accomplish.

Oh, btw, your fireup teamtype contained an error. You have to specify the different types of units there, and how many of each. The types E2 and E3 were mentioned twice.

You can check the maps and ini files of all C&C missions on my site, btw. They're all in here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/

For the rest, anything you need to know you can look up here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/cctxt/ccmanual.txt

ok thanks have got it to work just got 1 more error... now i get a similar message when i try and save the game,i.e, my game gets stuck the moment i click save and the reference memory comes up. Any ideas?

P.S sorry for the delayed response.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't assign flight paths to helicopters.

I think it's possible. At least, I remember doing so to prevent the choppers from flying right into enemy AA defenses that happened to be near the map side assigned to the player (as it is not possible to narrow down the area through which aerial reinforcements enter the map).

But this is a LOADED TRANSPORT that automatically leaves the map after dropping off its passengers. I think it drops them off at the first point where it lands, and then the "leave the map" override takes over.

ok thanks have got it to work just got 1 more error... now i get a similar message when i try and save the game,i.e, my game gets stuck the moment i click save and the reference memory comes up. Any ideas?

P.S sorry for the delayed response.

Without the instruction address on the error message, I can't help you. For that first one I looked into the exe to see what code the game was executing at the address 0049895B. I'm pretty sure your save crash had a different address. My guess, it was around 00447BA0 or 0049A7EE, where it tried to save your probably STILL corrupt other teamtype into a savegame.

But this is a LOADED TRANSPORT that automatically leaves the map after dropping off its passengers. I think it drops them off at the first point where it lands, and then the "leave the map" override takes over.

Right, the Chinook cannot be manipulated after it unloads its cargo, although I believe you can set waypoints to the landing area. Apaches and Orcas, on the other hand, do behave strangely if waypoints are set (although I forgot what exactly is wrong :)).