Race map

Holland

Ptapiok has a map, he once made for fun. called 'City rally', it made me give an idea to create a race map!

The only way to do it was to give everyone gates and a laserfence. It was pretty tricky so it took me 11 triggers for every player's gate to create it.

Deploy your mcv, you can build lasers and component towers. The lights go red, orange, green. and text triggers: Ready, Set, Go! Everyone starts with a buggy, and you gotta move into your gate. Move close to the laserfence to turn it off. Some obstacles and crates come along your way, repair vehicles every now and there, they are Civilian so anyone can use them. Right after the finish line, everyone will have pitstop: 3 ticktanks that will fix your buggy real quick if you need to.

After the first lap, You will get a techcenter and you can make Oblisks. The 2nd lap will give you EMP and fast charging missles. The 3rd lap is (so far) the end of the game, and makes the player win by gaining the temple of nod with infinite seekers. Its the only way i could make a player win. Its fun as hell, try it out!

- You can only drive on the clear land

- You can build Towers everywhere but not on the clear land

j13djs.jpg

As you can see, needed alot of triggers lol]

nlr4tx.jpg

created more stuff and more fun triggers, better explanation and added bomber and sam.

Its perfect now. Hopefully no more edits needed :)

Version 18

-No more bugs or unfair tower buildups anymore

-A bunch more trigger able obstacles:

-Leftover buggies will disappear when less then 8 players

Ion Cannon trap; Missle clearing; Destroy/repair bridge; Railgun Controlll; Activate meteorites; Civilians crossing;  Activate trains, Fire EMP along path; Firestorm trap; Hunting JJ's, Crossing Mk2

-Just drive over the smudges (burned spots).

-preview has hot babe with big boobies

-Its exciting when playing with people that know map

ideas are always welcome.

Cant upload map file above 1 MB appearently, lol

big size titties on preview makes it hard to handle i guess

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M2MyqeyRCzLVlIekNHR2pLTzQ/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Version 15 is the latest!!!!!! And it's Great! Most Excellent! 8)

IT seems like a Nod player going through his gate does not activate his upgrade to new building. I will try GDI. Another idea I thought of is to have just one row of cell tags for the trigger and another row of cell tags for a backup trigger. The back up trigger could check a local variable to see if it is set by the main trigger. If not, it could then redo what the main trigger did. Just a thought. XD

Oh BTW Holland!!!!!!!! HIhihihihihihihihihihiihihhiihhiihihihihihihihihihihihiihi  :D

• 5 months later...

Version 15 is the latest!!!!!! And it's Great! Most Excellent! 8)

IT seems like a Nod player going through his gate does not activate his upgrade to new building. I will try GDI. Another idea I thought of is to have just one row of cell tags for the trigger and another row of cell tags for a backup trigger. The back up trigger could check a local variable to see if it is set by the main trigger. If not, it could then redo what the main trigger did. Just a thought. XD

Oh BTW Holland!!!!!!!! HIhihihihihihihihihihiihihhiihhiihihihihihihihihihihihiihi  :D

Its probably a buggy crossing diagonally or being shot at while entering cells. I already have back up triggers though. When you don't receive any upgrade, don't leave ur laserfence yet and just drive back to your gate. It happens very rarely tho and its sucky when it does, so do always check if u get the upgrades.

Version 18:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M2MyqeyRCzLVlIekNHR2pLTzQ/view?usp=sharing

Holland, the triggers work beautifully and the mechanics are great, I love the map!

Just a suggestion, maybe finish it off by adding some visual detail. Like, make a cliff down at the bottom of the map (Race side) with stuff on it, maybe add a couple artillery or something, throw some trees on it and a little lake looking thing, so it looks complete. Also, I'm sure you can come up with a better look for the left side as well - where the large green Tiberium fields are. Hit it with some cliffs or something to... !

Holland, the triggers work beautifully and the mechanics are great, I love the map!

Just a suggestion, maybe finish it off by adding some visual detail. Like, make a cliff down at the bottom of the map (Race side) with stuff on it, maybe add a couple artillery or something, throw some trees on it and a little lake looking thing, so it looks complete. Also, I'm sure you can come up with a better look for the left side as well - where the large green Tiberium fields are. Hit it with some cliffs or something to... !

Good one hitman! There could totally be a pretty lake and waterfall, and a big forest or something. I could change the height of the map and make the entire race track on cliff height, guess i will make it whenever i feel like it, lol. Gotta be in the mood for making maps huh, lol

Good one hitman! There could totally be a pretty lake and waterfall, and a big forest or something. I could change the height of the map and make the entire race track on cliff height, guess i will make it whenever i feel like it, lol. Gotta be in the mood for making maps huh, lol

BTW, if you wanna you can edit stuff yourself man, that would be awesommmmmmmmmme

• 2 months later...

I'm still gonna work on this map. It's been alot of fun but i'm gonna turn the race into a real Multiplayer towerdefense, where instead of destroying eachothers and racing with just 1 buggy, you can build more  vehicles, and everytime you get a vehicle over the finish and through your gate, you get more credits, and the way to win is to reach a certain amount of money: For example You can upgrade to First tech when reaching 50.000, second tech 100.000, etc. With alot more text triggers ofcourse.

It will be very easy and quick to make, but it is just an idea for now. first need the new trigger "Give Credits"  to work, plus the multiplayer spawn houses to work as event, the developers are working on that!!! so awesome! Cant wait!!

2gwxmwk.jpg

Somehow I had the mappreview generator working when i deleted the [triggers] section.

Version 24 for now.

rally race.mpr