Just got a new keyboard

sunny

What do you mean "you're all out of ideas"?

What would you like to use the programmable keys for?

And, just for the record. I used to have a Logitech G19 keyboard 7 years ago (eventually spilled a protein shake all over it) and stopped using it. I got a new Cherry Keyboard without programmable keys. Meanwhile I actually completely disassembled and cleaned the G19 and it works but I don't like the typing feel to it anymore, feels like I've actually damaged the keys by pulling them out also I've lost 2 keys, l0l.

There's this "Logitech Gaming Software" which you can program the keys with.

1 WORD OF WARNING: Joshua "DistantQ" Pemberton once called me a cheater for using that and he still calls me a cheater for it 7 years later... =D

You can for example assign text input to a key, such as G1 types "gl hf" and sends it and G2 types "gg" and sends it, G3 types "no eat?" and sends it and so on.

You could also use them for grouping, assign CTRL+1, CTRL+2 and/or CTRL-SHIFT to the G-keys.

Do you need to know how to do it or do you need ideas? Logitech Gaming Software also lets you use Lua scripts so the possibilities are virtually endless with what you can do if you know how to use it. But again, you risk being called a cheater by extremists like Josh (rumblesom) on S-T.  :P

EDIT:

I believe Marko uses something similar, as he's able to scroll the screen while his mouse is on the sidebar clicking buildings/units/sentries and so on. You can see him do this scrolling without using his mouse pretty much every game on stream, so I'd assume he's using the G-keys with his left hand.  :)

You can see this here if you look closely: https://www.twitch.tv/omituinen/v/81194925?t=35m36s

Also it's a different and "soft" scrolling as opposed to his much faster right click drag scrolling.

But there's a lot more examples if you watch his streams regularly.

I believe Marko uses something similar, as he's able to scroll the screen while his mouse is on the sidebar clicking buildings/units/sentries and so on. You can see him do this scrolling without using his mouse pretty much every game on stream, so I'd assume he's using the G-keys with his left hand.  :)

He posted, a while ago, that he uses the arrow keys, as well as right-click scrolling:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/178578-playing-habits-how-do-you-play-ra2/#entry1543512

What do you mean "you're all out of ideas"?

What would you like to use the programmable keys for?

And, just for the record. I used to have a Logitech G19 keyboard 7 years ago (eventually spilled a protein shake all over it) and stopped using it. I got a new Cherry Keyboard without programmable keys. Meanwhile I actually completely disassembled and cleaned the G19 and it works but I don't like the typing feel to it anymore, feels like I've actually damaged the keys by pulling them out also I've lost 2 keys, l0l.

There's this "Logitech Gaming Software" which you can program the keys with.

1 WORD OF WARNING: Joshua "DistantQ" Pemberton once called me a cheater for using that and he still calls me a cheater for it 7 years later... =D

You can for example assign text input to a key, such as G1 types "gl hf" and sends it and G2 types "gg" and sends it, G3 types "no eat?" and sends it and so on.

You could also use them for grouping, assign CTRL+1, CTRL+2 and/or CTRL-SHIFT to the G-keys.

Do you need to know how to do it or do you need ideas? Logitech Gaming Software also lets you use Lua scripts so the possibilities are virtually endless with what you can do if you know how to use it. But again, you risk being called a cheater by extremists like Josh (rumblesom) on S-T.  :P

EDIT:

You can see this here if you look closely: https://www.twitch.tv/omituinen/v/81194925?t=35m36s

Also it's a different and "soft" scrolling as opposed to his much faster right click drag scrolling.

But there's a lot more examples if you watch his streams regularly.

I have yet to try and clean the corsair keyboard, it was $150 but as you said pulling out the keys risks damaging it. I actually had no ideas to begin with for using the programmable keys hence I'm looking for some here. Although the logitech software does a ra2 profile, I didn't quite understand because last night was my first time using it. The ctrl + shift sounds useful because there's some room for error in actually pressing the keys yourself.  I think it's probably a good idea to assign waypoints and bookmarks as well (just an idea) but could come in handy. Also assign select one type of unit instead of pressing T.

What's the command to follow a unit? i.e  IFV following a BF?

LUA scripts? no idea on how to create one or use it.  :laugh: