internet connection

eluno

i think its my internet but when i play online nobody loads and only i load so everyone loses and im victorious. it only happens when i use the wifi at a certain place. when i use the wifi at any other place everyone loads fine and we can play fine. when playing online but with just me and the computer also loads fine and skirmish not online is also fine.so the problem only happens when using the wifi at a certain place so im sure its the internet.  i was wondering if anyone can tell me whats going on. thanks.

Simple, the router has the ports the game uses to communicate with the other players blocked.

After the game starts all players are connected to each other directly, there's no server in between in CnCNet games.

Westwoods notes on ports from YR Readme.txt

Manual Firewall/NAT support

In addition to the automatic firewall support features listed above, we have

included an advanced setting for advanced users that can be used if all else

fails.

From the main menu, select "Options" then "Network". Under the "Internet

Firewall Settings" section you'll see a "port number" option, which can be used

to instruct  Red Alert 2TMto always use the port specified here. You should use a

port number between 1024 and 65535. Every computer that you want to play the

game on should be given a different port number if they are all behind the same

firewall. To return to the automatic mode, remove the port number from

the "port number" edit box.

2.16.  Firewall Issues:

If you are playing Red Alert 2 behind a firewall and wish to host a game,

you must open the following ports:  Port 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237.  These

ports use the UDP protocol.  If you do not know how to configure your

firewall consult your firewall documentation or contact your system

administrator or Internet Provider

Well apparently no one informed me they broke peer to peer a long time ago and buried that fact so that's irrelevant.

Good communication 10/10 team..

i think its my internet but when i play online nobody loads and only i load so everyone loses and im victorious. it only happens when i use the wifi at a certain place. when i use the wifi at any other place everyone loads fine and we can play fine. when playing online but with just me and the computer also loads fine and skirmish not online is also fine.so the problem only happens when using the wifi at a certain place so im sure its the internet.  i was wondering if anyone can tell me whats going on. thanks.

Do you maybe have 2 internet connects at the same time at that place where it fails?

Like, one wifi and one cable?

Simple, the router has the ports the game uses to communicate with the other players blocked.

After the game starts all players are connected to each other directly, there's no server in between in CnCNet games.

Westwoods notes on ports from YR Readme.txt

CnCNet yuri's revenge doesn't support peer to peer games, there is always a server in between. The CnCNet spawner code also makes the port random for tunnel games, so you can't port forward since you don't know what port will be used