CnCNet doesn't open on Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)

wolfbyte404

Question

Just discovered this place, used to play Tiberian Sun, RA2, and Renegade way back in the day.

I downloaded this for Mac OS X, tried to run CnCNet, it crashes Spotify and then does nothing. I tried playing with some settings in the Wineskin wrapper, can't get it to do anything.

Anyone else having trouble with the latest Mac OS?

9 answers to this question

Just discovered this place, used to play Tiberian Sun, RA2, and Renegade way back in the day.

I downloaded this for Mac OS X, tried to run CnCNet, it crashes Spotify and then does nothing. I tried playing with some settings in the Wineskin wrapper, can't get it to do anything.

Anyone else having trouble with the latest Mac OS?

Hmm, it's probably not tested on the latest Mac OS yet. We'll have to look into it.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:47 AM, Jager90 said:

Same here unfortunately, would love to play again!

Can you give some more information about the problems? I mean, does it start up and you see the launcher? Or is nothing showing up at all? Currently I still don't know if the game launcher may be the problem or the game itself. Maybe it's easy to fix if we know the details.

Is there any error message? Screenshot and logs would help a lot

What download did you try? Single-Player or Multi-Player? If you haven't tried both yet, could you please try and report back?

full game: CnCNet.dmg

The single player works

That's great, I will have a look into the multi player version soon.

The good thing is that the single-player download also contains multi-player so you can still play online with it.

LAN kinda works, but only limited, You need to have at least one windows pc in the network to start up the server.