Map preview doesn't show up

Ezer_2000

Question

11 answers to this question

Still the same problem. But client freezes as hell, opening a client takes about 4 min and 1GB RAM (!).

When MapRenderer.exe process is gone, map preview still unavailable.

Maybe my PC is crap but it doesn't matter.  :)

The log shows it, how many custom maps do you have in your custom maps folder? I need to add more debugging to the map renderer, it could be it's failing on a custom map somewhere.

Currently 821 files. Some of them are txt and archives.

Those archives look like the downloaded maps you get when you join a custom game, but they're not actually unzipping.

Try renaming Maps/Custom folder to Maps/Custom1, does the client take as long to boot up then?

BTW we are looking into map loadup times.

BTW we are looking into map loadup times.

I already made loading custom maps with embedded map previews several times faster yesterday, and also fixed the RAM consumption. I don't know if you've pushed that update yet though.

Embedded map previews of the custom maps was showing normally at the moment i uploaded the last log file. Problem with official ones. Sorry, i forgot to mention about that.

Embedded map previews of the custom maps was showing normally at the moment i uploaded the last log file.

They were displayed normally, but loading them was very slow. As you said..

opening a client takes about 4 min and 1GB RAM (!).

And that should be fixed in the latest client.

Will be in 3.0.42 (waiting on the check for AssetLoader)

Now preview shows. They appearing sequentially one after one downwards the map list. And MapRenderer doesn't overload my pc with multiple processes.

I don't know what you did to get it working but many thanks for that.

I might suggest now to make higher priority for a currently selected map in map rendering order, so it will be processed right after previous rendered map.

And do not make detailed preview for the custom maps pls, their built-in preview is best. Already posted about it in another topic. But just an opinion though.

Log created after 2nd client run.