Problems when editing original missions

Salvation

Hi!

Im having a problems when i try to edit some Aftermath missions. I'm currently making a mod for RA and my first stage of creating playable content is to convert original missions compatible for my mod. However, things haven't go the way i meant to supposed and i have faced several problems with them.

My first stage is to convert Aftermath expansion missions compatible, above is a list of what kind of problems i have encountered:

Brothers in Arms:

- After i switched several base defenses and placed units on different locations the triggers are being mess up. Sometimes when Spy gets out of the FCOM the mission will be failed. Sometimes chrono tank -trigger is activated once airplane drops Spy.

Don't drink the water:

- At the beginning, i added a trigger that once your reinforcements will arrive with Transport, a Commando will also deployed via Transport Helicopter. The MCV trigger was changed -> MCV with several reinforcements will arrive at the corner, not by water transport. The game crashed?! BUT when i changed that Commando will be sent by Transport -> everything worked perfect? Only several new units were placed anywhere on the map.

Harbour reclamation:

- If i'm using Demo Truck tactic and head into their main HQ (where Con Yard is deployed), the game crashes. Save games won't work (game crashes). Several new triggers(destroying mammoth that protects ore field will chronoshift chrono tanks to your base) and teamtypes have set. The Main HQ includes a Gap Generator, Tech Center, several new units placed. Soviet Tech Center removed.

- When you send Demo Truck into that main HQ against tech center -> after that the game immediately crashes?! No triggers have placed on that building.

Monster tank madness:

- Mammoth Tanks switched to General(s). When they head into soviet main base, they got stuck for moving between waypoint 34 and 35 and won't destroy the base. One of the General(s) got lost somewhere? The idea was that General(s) are like Cyborg and they got berzerk when you send a Spy on Radar.

- With the mammoth tanks my next problem was that when they invade main soviet base and after the destruction of demo trucks -> game crashes immediately.

- Removing demo trucks -> everything works fine?

- Only several base defenses have switched and added units.

Negotiations:

- Several infantry units switched -> the civilians won't follow after Tanya goes rescuing them?

- Chrono Tank trigger will send now medium & tesla tanks.

PAWN:

- Tanya can be built even if allied tech center is not constructed? By reading ini file i does not find mention that E7 -values could changed?

- Placing tech center allows you to build units that requires allied tech center

- 2TNK requirements is weap + service depot -> changing values from mission ini file (example: requirements weap,atek) -> does not affect anything?

So what the hell is wrong? Should i remove all triggers and made a new ones? I does not have any error log files (except harbour reclamation). Mostly i have made some teamtype changes and added some nasty triggers (you're getting nasty surprises behind your base defenses). I haven't edited the values of Demo Truck or its weaponry.

• 2 weeks later...

Any help?? Im getting desperate on this.  :(

I cannot really help you with your specific problems but I do want to share a few things. In RAED I attempted to let the AI nuke me. Such was not possible and I got advice to manually adjust some values in the ini files. But what happened? Things got messed up, certain units suddenly had the wrong triggers. Some triggers suddenly had total different actions. I think RAED did that. When I opened my map RAED instantly gave me a warning about my trigger having wrong values and RAED automatically out-commented the trigger ; and the the ;trigger got placed on top of the trigger list.

My point is simply that modding like we do can have unforseen consequences. You would be better of to redo the works. Delete all triggers and make new ones. You can perhaps recycle some easy ones like the victory condition.

RAED seems to have bugs the farther you get from Win95/98.

For me Brothers in Arms is almost un-edit-able. Same error with the FCOM. You can code around. First when they spy enters the FCOM have a sub under players control come on the map. Attach a Destroyed by anybody loser is USSR to the spy when he comes out of the FCOM (name this trigger los5.) Once the Spy reaches the beach have a celltrigger destroy the trigger los5. This will let the dogs kill they spy and the mission will continue like it should with reinforcements landing.

For Negotiations make the civilians player control-able. In RAED go to Ini > Houses. Find England and check mark Player controlled. Now the player can order them around like any other unit.

The others I haven't really messed with too much over all. With Monster tank madness and the Demo Trucks it could be an effect from the screen flash. The Demo truck it self has some odd things about it. Ran into crashes with it years ago not sure why and how I caused and fixed the crashes.

• 4 weeks later...

I was kind hoping that you will post something which will solve the problems, since your work with Red Dawn inspired me to do the same with my mod  :cncsmirk:

So my current Operating System is Windows 7, so should i run RAED compatible with Win98 in order to get it work more properly?

RAED seems to have bugs the farther you get from Win95/98.

For me Brothers in Arms is almost un-edit-able. Same error with the FCOM. You can code around. First when they spy enters the FCOM have a sub under players control come on the map. Attach a Destroyed by anybody loser is USSR to the spy when he comes out of the FCOM (name this trigger los5.) Once the Spy reaches the beach have a celltrigger destroy the trigger los5. This will let the dogs kill they spy and the mission will continue like it should with reinforcements landing.

For Negotiations make the civilians player control-able. In RAED go to Ini > Houses. Find England and check mark Player controlled. Now the player can order them around like any other unit.

The others I haven't really messed with too much over all. With Monster tank madness and the Demo Trucks it could be an effect from the screen flash. The Demo truck it self has some odd things about it. Ran into crashes with it years ago not sure why and how I caused and fixed the crashes.

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical note: When editing aftermath missions with Notepad, everything works fine and Absolute M.A.D:ness is not just a mess. Somehow RAED and trigger editing does not work so well?

I think i should just re-make "Brothers in arms" -mission completely, changing the mission idea etc.

RAED has a weird way to handle triggers and teams anyway. Everytime you change something in triggers or teamtypes, RAED will randomly mix them up to a totally different order in their list. Usually if a trigger links to a team (It's the number of the line of the TeamType in the list of TeamTypes), this number is changed simultanous, so the right team is still linked to your trigger in your mission and everyting looks fine. But for some reason that mechanism breaks in westwood missions (sometimes even in custom missions) so triggers are totally messed up after editing.

I don't know why the author of RAED did this "trigger shaking", but maybe that code just can turned off somehow so triggers and teams don't change their position anymore.

Hard to explain what I mean. ;)

For now I suggest to copy teams and triggers back from the original mission file when you don't change them for your campaign.