XCC crashing during conversion

AchromicWhite

I'm having some strange troubles.

Firstly, the adv infantry icons that I have are somehow corrupted or have some sort of bug where they either show up in game glitched, or just out right crash the game.

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=3243.0

In the downloadable versions I think the sniper outright crashes the game, while the mortar and anti-tank icons show up, but are glitched. Note that the Light M/G, RPG and AA infantry icons were made earlier, and seem to work just fine.

Feel free to throw them in your game and see what I mean.

I thought it might be a colour issue, but have found no such issues when inspecting them (maybe I missed something).

The only difference that I can think of, between these icons and the older ones used in C&C:ClassicRev, are that I never converted them through XCC. I simply used the new SHP builder to save them directly as an shp (TD format).

So I figured I'd use XCC to convert them into png and then back to shp. I can use the;

-right click-

Clipboard --> copy

Clipboard --> paste as png

But if I try to use;

-right click-

"copy as png" or "copy as shp" it just crashes.

And because the only way to get the TD format of the shp is by using "copy as shp". I can't create an shp(TD) using XCC.

I'm using XCC version 1.45

If anyone would like to convert them and test them for me (get them working and just send them) that'd be swell. Else, if you can see where I went wrong, that'd also be great.

Cheers team.

Also, the infantry shps themselves work just fine, even though I made them at the same time as the icons... because why not.

SHP builder messes up TD-shp files while saving!

Save them as TS-shp files and convert them into to RA shp.

Well the old one did. But there's a new version that saves them correctly. But please read my original post which also explains that for some reason my XCC is crashing when I try to convert them! :O

I have only used "Copy as PCX" and any image I want to make to a .shp.  This may have been the same bug I ran into some 16 years ago and found using .pcx images fixed things.

I fixed the 3 icons by setting the RA1 color pallete (Yes make sure that is done as XCC will use no pallete when displaying images over 256 color like PNG or use the pallete that the image has inside if the image is 256 color)  Next used Copy as PCX. Deleted the bugged .shp files. Than used Copy as SHP on the pcx images.

I have only used "Copy as PCX" and any image I want to make to a .shp.  This may have been the same bug I ran into some 16 years ago and found using .pcx images fixed things.

I fixed the 3 icons by setting the RA1 color pallete (Yes make sure that is done as XCC will use no pallete when displaying images over 256 color like PNG or use the pallete that the image has inside if the image is 256 color)  Next used Copy as PCX. Deleted the bugged .shp files. Than used Copy as SHP on the pcx images.

Thanks. I might have more of a play around to see if I can get the translation of files working again. But in the meantime, thanks for getting these fixed!