Attempt to Promote Modding, Mapping and CnC-Comm

An attempt to Promote Modding, Mapping and CnC-Comm;

Who is with me... (even if its just spreading the word)

Would people be willing to help me try to expand the Number of Tutorials on this web site and to conduct modding research in CnC and RA, both game which have had very little research done in to them which hasn’t been lost.

The Goal, for the number of research topics and maybe even Tutorials to have almost doubled as well as several new maps, several new active members and even a new mod or two by September.

[glow=Green,2,300]Some of My ideas are as follows, Please comment and submit your own ideas.[/glow]

-------

These ideas are for all 3 mainly supported game CnC, RA, TS

Some Basic (n00b) Tuts both on modding and single/multi player mission creation (the CnC/RA modding tuts can be replaced as Nyerguds/Hyper makes progress however the core modding shouldn’t change) to help introduce people in to the game.

Tuts dedicated to more advanced mapping e.g. Triggers etc.

Tuts dedicated to more advanced modding e.g. things based on research, fancy things like multiple factory’s/ Naval yards in Tiberian Sun

I am willing to create tut dedicated to patches such as a guide to ETS (and the Hyper patch when completed) and perhaps I could do some “basics†tuts for CnC, RA, TS and Generals as well as a few others.

Other ideas I had were;

Promoting CnC-Comm as the number one place for all things CnC(1) (Nyerguds patch, support/help, mapping, Modding, Graphics) and convincing some of the TS installer down-loaders to stay by supporting and introducing all aspects of the game to them.

Nice idea!, i have somes tips to say for the ones who want make a TD map:

1°- Attack tigger can't be killed with "Destroy XXXX" or "YYYY" or "ZZZZ", so, if you want to do some "Rescue mission" try to use bypass it using another tigger.

2°- Stealth Tanks DO NOT ACTIVATE celltriggers related with "Production" or "Autocreate".

How did i know that? i has been slaped by AI (not in ingame, in programing missions!) so much times what i've get this conclusions.

...I doubt that stealth tank thing. stealths are the same as any other units, the trigger system doesn't give a damn if they're cloaked. More likely you screwed up the trigger side.

i mean a STEALTH UNIT, not the Stealth tank at all.

Yeah, we have our first bit of research brought about thanhks to this. (might be worth moving this if it comes to any thing, else just writing in a tut or guide.

Is there not a mission where you use stealth tanks to free a MCV, if the auto-create triggers started when the stealth tanks moved over them it could become unballanced and difficult quite quickly where as if the mcv trips the triggers it becomes fairer and easyer for the player as they have a chance to build and prepare.

When i return from the Former GDR :P I shall be focusing on the ideas in this topic, your welcome of course to contribute ideas and/or start working on Tuts, etc