Can't install Yuri Revenge on Win 10/64 bit

GeeWhiz

Hello,

I've just find the game and I am still trying to install it. I've got no problems with installation Red Alert 2, but now when I am trying to launch setup of Yuri Revenge I have no installation window - only black screen but I can hear music and even use keyboard but I see nothing - only black screen. I am using Dell Notebook 5547, Win 10/64 bit. Maybe someone has the same problem and can help me with that?

But the problem is to install the game - Yuri Revenge, so I think it doesn't make sense to install any patches earlier. I have black screen when I should be in installation menu. I 've already tried to change (setup.exe) - compatibility - but it didn't help. But thanks for your trying to help :) me.

I also installed that FIX, which is concluded on that topic, but it didn't help me. So I wait for another sugesstions.

Edited by GeeWhiz

What are you installing from? Try installing the multiplayer-only version provided by the xwis server, see how you go:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

because if I remember correctly, that^ version doesn't use the original YR installation screen and just basically copies the files into your RA2 folder. If it works, you can then start using patches or whatever. But that said, I'd suggest to just download and install the CnCNet YR Launcher once you've successfully installed YR.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fir3w0rx said:

What are you installing from? Try installing the multiplayer-only version provided by the xwis server, see how you go:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

because if I remember correctly, that^ version doesn't use the original YR installation screen and just basically copies the files into your RA2 folder. If it works, you can then start using patches or whatever. But that said, I'd suggest to just download and install the CnCNet YR Launcher once you've successfully installed YR.

I tried to realize your point of view. I installed: XWIS Yuri's Revenge, WOLAPI, and also Yuri's Revenge Music - I don't know if I have to download and install another files?

But I can't patch the game - "The Old file didn't find" and when I launched the game I have only cutted menu layout with music and without any buttons (I attached a file already).

Maybe this XWIS Yuri's Revenge missing some files? I don't know, the most funny thing is the fact that I have no problem to play Red Alert 2, but Yuri's Revenge seems to be impossible to play on Win 10 :( 

Edit: I 've just reinstall CnCNet Launcher, it is installed successfully - I guess that because I can play skirmish. But still can't play campaign. 

yuri revenge.jpg

Edited by GeeWhiz
Re-installation CnCNet YR Launcher

1 hour ago, GeeWhiz said:

I tried to realize your point of view. I installed: XWIS Yuri's Revenge, WOLAPI, and also Yuri's Revenge Music - I don't know if I have to download and install another files?

But I can't patch the game - "The Old file didn't find" and when I launched the game I have only cutted menu layout with music and without any buttons (I attached a file already).

Maybe this XWIS Yuri's Revenge missing some files? I don't know, the most funny thing is the fact that I have no problem to play Red Alert 2, but Yuri's Revenge seems to be impossible to play on Win 10 :( 

Edit: I 've just reinstall CnCNet Launcher, it is installed successfully - I guess that because I can play skirmish. But still can't play campaign. 

yuri revenge.jpg

hello again .

i'm not expert of windows 10 ( i never used it  in my life :P )

but,if you istalled yuri revenge from XWIS then tryed CnCNet installer you have another issue in playing online or what ?

oh i forget i say that yuri's revenge (XWIS version) don't have campings :P

• Upvote 1

I didn't try to play online, but I can play skirmish well. Also now I can play campaign too :), but sometimes I have graphic interruptions. By the way the last problem is the fact that I have no video/cutscenes in campaign game. I found something, but I am not sure at all that it will works - Language Pack

Ok,  I downloaded and installed it and it's all working now. I can play skirmish, campaign - with all cutscenes, I didn't check multiplayer gaming yet, but maybe tommorow I will try. The only thing is that sometimes game menu freezing for a 1-2 sec. and some graphics overlaps on another in game menu. But despite this, game working perfect on Win 10/64 bit.

By the way I changed graphics from intel to radeon - but I don't think that it has any matter.

So thanks all for help. :)

• Upvote 1

Np  happy to help :)

3 hours ago, GeeWhiz said:

Ok,  I downloaded and installed it and it's all working now. I can play skirmish, campaign - with all cutscenes, I didn't check multiplayer gaming yet, but maybe tommorow I will try. The only thing is that sometimes game menu freezing for a 1-2 sec. and some graphics overlaps on another in game menu. But despite this, game working perfect on Win 10/64 bit.

By the way I changed graphics from intel to radeon - but I don't think that it has any matter.

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2017 at 4:32 PM, GeeWhiz said:

can you reload your  Skirmish games ?