Sega Saturn C&C

Iran

Has anyone (looking at Nyerguds here) studied this? It contains some very slight differences from the PC version, it has 2 maps (one of each CD) that are included for a "demo mode" in the main screen. Some of the maps were edited, apparently out of lack of Chinooks(?) and there are some tiny differences in most of the music, although one of them sounds pretty different (both pitch and instrumentation). The CDs are recognized as Audio CD and played like that.

The game contains all of its map files and videos on the root of the CD, using the same file format as the PC version.

Music (320 KBPS MP3 ripped with WMP):

http://www.mediafire.com/?rs373tkbw4d1rux

Mission Files (compatible with stock C&C95):

http://hotfile.com/links/80662085/bb27fc5/CC_Sega_Saturn_-_Mission_Files.7z (842 KB)

Video Files:

*broken links, not worth reuploading as they're same as the PC ones according to Nyerguds, except for EXIT.VQA*

YouTube:

C&C Sega Saturn - GDI Startup and Menu

You even have a moonspeak edition. :o

Did you ever take a look at the map files, C&C Gold seems to load them perfectly fine, I quickly looked at some of them and those appeared to be slightly different (e.g. the last Nod mission has been modified out of lack of Chinooks(?)). Didn't take a look at the actual "coding" in the file (I'm not that familiar with how the C&C map files work).

FYI, 1.06c CONTAINS the Japanese language. Just put the Language to JAP in conquer.ini. I recorded all voice clips from my Sega Saturn version.

And no, haven't taken a look at the missions. Don't see what you mean by "lack of chinooks" though; aircraft types can't be pre-placed on the map, they are always reinforced at mission start. Also, the "last Nod mission" is 3 different missions.

I know. In 1.06c, it's not quite as on-the-fly, but it still works :P

You know, if I load speech.mix into a specifically stored memory location like the movies are handled, I could probably do that too... not that I really see the use, since the existence of the Japanese language is hardly a secret in 1.06c.

And no, haven't taken a look at the missions. Don't see what you mean by "lack of chinooks" though; aircraft types can't be pre-placed on the map, they are always reinforced at mission start. Also, the "last Nod mission" is 3 different missions.

The last Nod missions  on the PC version (at least one of them) contain 2 GDI chinooks that need to be captured to get to the 2nd island to finish the map, in the Saturn mission they were removed and the land islands were connected instead.

Did you actually record the sounds? I was looking for some clues on opening the data files container the Sega version uses, but I didnt find much.

This is like the N64 edition of C&C, so i think, in Nod Mission 11 Variant A, the continents are connected too, also, i think Nod Mission 13 Variant B have the same thing. I can take the screenshot about i'm talking about later and post here if you guys want it.

[edit]

Oh and yes, I have an official C&C for every system on which it was released, including the Mac, Saturn and even N64 versionS.

Why? there is more-than-one version of N64 C&C?

What? I used plural because I was summing up all different versions... :huh:

The last Nod missions  on the PC version (at least one of them) contain 2 GDI chinooks that need to be captured to get to the 2nd island to finish the map, in the Saturn mission they were removed and the land islands were connected instead.

Intriguing. I have to take a look at that. It's indeed like how they changed some N64 missions, yes. And since my map pics folder contains the modified N64 ones (well, one anyway, where a difference was noticed), that one should definitely be added too :)

Did you actually record the sounds? I was looking for some clues on opening the data files container the Sega version uses, but I didnt find much.

Yeah, I recorded them from the sound preview function on the main menu. Was quite some work since the music played behind it, so it was always starting the music and immediatlely playing the sound, during the small delay at the start of the music track. For longer EVA voices I actually had to immediately go back to the music preview option and keep pressing play to keep the music muted, and then combine 2 recordings (the start, and then the rest) to get the full clip. The main problem was the fact that moving the cursor to the other option made a sound.

The fact I did it there rather than ingame had the advantage that I could link the sound numbers to the filenames by listening to the English version, and then save all recordings of the japanese ones as the correct name :)

Intriguing. I have to take a look at that. It's indeed like how they changed some N64 missions, yes. And since my map pics folder contains the modified N64 ones (well, one anyway, where a difference was noticed), that one should definitely be added too

Same applies for PS1, I remember how the landmasses were connected (and thus I presume there were boats removed from there as well).

• 1 year later...

It's not different from the remixes though, and my patch adds all of those to the game :P

btw, from what I know the CnC Comm Center is moving towards external hosting for big files, on file hosts lime megaupload and such, because we tend to go over the monthly bandwidth limit.