Christmas is coming around soon! Please read! (Yearly donation thread: 2017)

Myg

Its almost that time of year again folks! Christmas is approaching fast and before you know it; you will be  desperately looking for gifts for the relatives!

I would like to take this time, early on, to think about cncnet before Christmas is around.

CnCNet runs on your donations and we would like you to consider all the hours and passion spent on upkeeping/upgrading this system/platform that are given freely by the volunteer devs.

I will be donating a good chunk this year and I hope others will be joining me in that endavour.

Lets give as well as we are taking!

Thanks for your time, kindest regards.

Edited by Myg

The 'Donate' button at the bottom of the forums don't work for me, and probably others too. I was able to donate via the main page a couple of weeks ago though, but I doubt that everybody knows about that or would bother looking for another donate button. Some people have probably clicked on this one down below and thought "Hmm... doesn't work. Oh well, more money for smokes and beers :)".

I just tried it now. It seems to work, albiet a bit slow/sluggish. 

I would urge everyone to test the donate buttton. If its broken for you, please report your browser + Operating system.

Edited by Myg

After further examination, it seems that the floating donate button is a moody creature that works sometimes and other times not. If you get an error or a bad page from clicking the floating "Donate" button, click it again to retry. It should work after you re-try it.

We know the "donate" button at the bottom of the forum page is broken atm, they will fix it soon.

Edited by Myg

I've just tried both donate buttons again (here and main page) using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer; they both worked (I didn't actually donate this time, but it went into the payment page just fine). Only Firefox doesn't seem to work for me and keeps giving me the error message: "Sorry - your last action could not be completed". I've already cleared my cache and cookies, restarted the browser, googled a little for a solution, but unsuccessful. No big deal though, I'll just use the main page next time.

• 4 weeks later...

(Before chem edited his post).

I wish I knew what you were talking about chem, this thread is about Christmas and donations, there are alot of things to say on the topic S brought up: My question is just, if, that such a conversation belongs here.

(response to chem's second edit).

Don't take some people's lack of gentle handling too personally (I know for a fact I wouldn't mute/kick/ban people where other people would). The donation system is backended by paypal, so its pretty secure.

Edited by Myg
  • Like 1

Well paypal is pretty secure considering what they are charged with handling and protecting. I havent has any issues using paypal and I hope other people and some of the devs might be able to back up my assertion.

• Like 1