Trigger Template "Campaign"

Chimas

Hi,

As a rookie in mapmaking, I'm doing this kind of stuff to find myself in the middle of the game programming "chaos".

Note: these are not trigger models that someone should follow.

Meanwhile the synthaxes are not dominated, I believe this will help understand the basic logic.

One interest thing: In the first 2 missions the engineer works right, and in the last one(s) it doesn't.

This point out that if we don't learn the right way, we might not become aware of until it is all too messy in our missions atelier.

I would suggest this "communication tool" for begginers and maybe this and other forums might have this kind of database for the most basic triggers, commented or corrected by vets, of course.

I have to reinforce: the basic triggers only.

Obs.: Only today I discovered in this forum, the correct installation of XCC. I'll do it right away and get rid of the pink tiles.

:)

Trigger_Template_Campaign1.zip

Template_Map.PNG.a3122407e649f8a3011ec0576aaf0c11.PNG

Nah. It just puts everything in upper case, which kinda messes up the Briefing and Name.

Solo: I don't really get the point of this though... if you attached the maps or at lease gave the trigger configs, I could see what you're doing here.

all right...

- "Attack Base" isn't a valid unit commands. Those are teamtype commands. The only reason the enemy engie does anything is because of your "All to Hunt" trigger. XCC did mess those up, yes.

- an Airstrike trigger doesn't get a teamtype. It's just one simply fact; the player gets airstrike. How many planes you get is automatic. Only automated AI airstrikes use teamtypes, simply by reinforcing A10s.

PS: You can make testing missions less tedious by playing NoEgoScreen=True in your Basic section, to skip score screens :P

On a related note, I need to fix that "C17 attacking stuff" bug :P

PS: You can make testing missions less tedious by playing NoEgoScreen=True in your Basic section, to skip score screens :P

On a related note, I need to fix that "C17 attacking stuff" bug :P

NoEgoScreen=True : I forgot about it because I set this up in my rules.ini, but I'll make it "standard" in these template missions, whenever I publish it.

Oh, about the C17 bug, I fought it was something secret on part of westwood eehehhheheheh ...

Thanks for the trigger tips anyway.

always glad I can help :)

Oh, about the C17 bug, I fought it was something secret on part of westwood eehehhheheheh ...

No, see, normally, if a unit's weapon is set on "-1", it means the unit has no weapon. But apparently, the C17 somehow goes into airstrike mode when reinforced, and totally ignores this, attacking with the "weapon" that is specified by some random data that is just BEFORE the real weapons list in the exe (aka, "at index -1 in the weapons list"). Overall we're very lucky that whatever's there doesn't totally crash the game.

• 1 month later...

lol, that's pretty cool. Did you try any other commands?

Not yet.

In one case, I was trying to understand the "RETREAT" and "RETURN" commands.

In case of Chinooks, the "RETURN" command SEEMED to go back to the last command, but I CAN'T ASSURE that, since I was interested in something else.

I took note of that to go back another time. If I confirm it later, I'll post one template for checking.

I'll be testing a lot of non-sense commands at the same time I'll be studying the appliances of the basic commands.

If something else shows up, I'll report.

I'm thinking of creating a XLS matrix relating UNITS x COMMANDS x PARAMETERS + MISSION EXAMPLE.

But this is medium to long term innitiative.

Another thing that I have to comment is that I'm creating a TACTICAL AIR COMMAND for an specific mission and I discovered that when a WAYPOINT is ocuppied the Chinook stops the loop and LAND in the next available waypoint of its orders. So I'm thinking of creating unacessible WAYPOINTS so the Chinook can keep flying non-stop, or at least landing in the end of the loop before going back to the sky.

By the time this mission gets published it will make sense why do I need this TAC Chinook. But I'm still getting busted with the basics ehehhehehehe ...

Actually, I think I better start by giving you the list of allowed commands. These lists won't actually mean there's any effect, but with this at least you know which ones will be plain ignored in teamtypes.

Teamtypes:

Attack Base

Attack Units

Attack Civil.

Rampage

Defend Base

Move

Move to Cell

Retreat

Guard

Loop

Attack Tarcom

Unload

^ ONLY these will be interpreted by teamtypes. Anything else will be seen as unknown command, and ignored. A load of those are totally unknown though, and I have no idea if stuff like "Move to Cell" or "Attack Tarcom" actually do anything.

Unit/Structures/Infantry placement sections:

Sleep

Attack

Move

Retreat

Guard

Enter

Capture

Harvest

Area Guard

Return

Stop

Ambush

Hunt

Timed Hunt

Unload

Sabotage

Construction

Selling

Repair

Rescue

Missile

^ A lot of those won't produce any results when used in the placement sections though. Obviously, "Attack" won't work without a target, and "Construction", "Selling", "Repair" and "Missile" are all structure commands, and totally ignored from ini as far as I know.