WTF MAP

Chrono Vortex

Every so often, me or my comrades will be hosting some silly maps, and someone will pop in, look at the preview and say the exact words "wtf map?"

So, naturally, I figured it'd be a good idea to give 'em a REAL reason to say that.

5a58260d27dbc_WTFMAP.png.3fde6e7216900548ee056e36545a1f5c.png

Everybody loves this map! If you don't believe me, just take it from the players themselves:

Reception.png.35ce313a3498f7ccb77f8d0203070f86.png

The preview makes it look fairly innocent, but I can assure you, this map will make you go "wtf map?" more times than you can count.

The only other thing I'll say here is that those tunnels do work properly, as in Tiberian Sun, if a little finicky. I'll let everything else remain a surprise.

Credit goes to FlyingZ for a bunch of the INI in this thing. If you like crazy crap like this, I'd definitely recommend trying his maps.

DOWNLOAD

Videos:

Trailer

2 Versus 2

Edited by Chrono Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick update, I realized I missed a couple spots. The Yuri MCV now has a primary weapon set like all the other MCVs, and the new actual "MCVs" are now all available in crates. The new version is distinguishable only by the new "WTF" over the map preview 'cause I stubbornly refuse to use version numbers.

@fir3w0rx @TerrorWGD Thanks! Glad you fellas like it. I suspect there’s probably some stuff you haven’t discovered yet. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend experimenting with magnetrons and stolen tech.

1 hour ago, Chrono Vortex said:

Quick update, I realized I missed a couple spots. The Yuri MCV now has a primary weapon set like all the other MCVs, and the new actual "MCVs" are now all available in crates. The new version is distinguishable only by the new "WTF" over the map preview 'cause I stubbornly refuse to use version numbers.

@fir3w0rx @TerrorWGD Thanks! Glad you fellas like it. I suspect there’s probably some stuff you haven’t discovered yet. If you haven’t already, I’d recommend experimenting with magnetrons and stolen tech.

Sure :D

4 hours ago, Chrono Vortex said:

Ok, thanx. The "V3 Rocket" Launcher (and I emphasize the quotation marks, for those who haven't tried this map yet) is the best so far :D (I'm literally laughing as I type this).

• Upvote 1

'Nother update, this one is just some balance changes and bug fixes. I also begrudgingly added a version number to the map preview, because I couldn't think of anything else to distinguish this in the client.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:26 PM, fir3w0rx said:

The "V3 Rocket" Launcher (and I emphasize the quotation marks, for those who haven't tried this map yet) is the best so far :D (I'm literally laughing as I type this).

5a5bda8887310_DemoLauncher.png.7cc7e79c516900d62e1d35f7c4c42d54.png

• Haha 1