Need help getting C&C Generals and Zero Hour to run on Win 10

Onimot

Question

Figured I am better off asking for help over here then in the EA forums. I need help getting The First Decade version of Generals and Zero Hour to work on Windows 10. I already tried the options.ini fix aswell as different compatibility modes, but I keep getting a "Serious error" whenever I try to launch Generals. I also tried installing the directx that is on my TFD cd but apparently that one is not compatible with my version of Windows, and download the supposedly same version of directx online didnt help or I simply didnt install it properly, not sure. I currently have a chat windows open with EA tech support to see if I could get the game on Origin, but they have not responded at all since the very start so I am assuming they died on the other end.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

You're almost in the right place, the C&C communities like ours will know a lot more than EA tech support.
Unfortunately we're not really the best guys to ask about Generals and Zero hour.  The best place on support for Red Alert 3, General, Zero Hour and anything newer than Yuri's Revenge is C&C Online.  You can take a look here to see which games we support - https://cncnet.org/download

Let us know how you get on

Well, if anybody ever comes across this thread and has the exact same problem as I did, try installing a no-cd patch/crack, thats what ended up working for me. I was pretty sure the unofficial TFD patch has no-cd as a part of it but apparently not.