Old school LAN party. [asking for help]

hajime

Hey guys. I recently made a 90's-like LAN party with Pentium II and III PCs, CRT monitors and stuff like that. We wanted to play my old C&C Gold and RA games (from my Wolrdwide Warfare pack) but they lack regular LAN play. It seems that it is easier to play C&C and RA on modern PCs (CnCNet!) than on legacy ones.

Is there any way (patch or something) to play C&C and RA1 via LAN on PCs from their era?

LAN mode on C&C DOS/Win95 and RA DOS/Win95 works just fine. Since you are using Pentium II and III machines I assume you are using Win98 and original CD's so you just need to install the IPX protocol.

Do note that RA version 1.08 LAN support is quite buggy, so I recommend either 1.04 (version on CD) or 3.03.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tore said:

LAN mode on C&C DOS/Win95 and RA DOS/Win95 works just fine. Since you are using Pentium II and III machines I assume you are using Win98 and original CD's so you just need to install the IPX protocol.

Do note that RA version 1.08 LAN support is quite buggy, so I recommend either 1.04 (version on CD) or 3.03.

IPX was *exactly* what I needed. I had to refresh my Windows 98 networking basics ? Everything works great. Both RA and C&C Gold.

Thanks!