Mistakes in RA2 mode

CCCP84

I found mistake in ra2 mode.

Yuri prime can capture 10 units. Its wrong. He can capture on a huge distance. And in combination whith a 10 units, its no chance...

In original RA2 prime can capture only 1.

MCV, captured by yuri, cant be deployed! Its a problem. (In original RA2 it can)

And will you solve problem whith selling people ic clonator?(tanya for example)    It must not bring extra money!  Its bug. But some people use it. Its a problem! Solve this plz.

In original RA2 helicopter can be repared on reparing plant. on cnc - only by IFV+engineer. (but its not a big problem)

Big problem found. And not only in RA2 mode. Freezing Oil rafinery by chrono-legioner for a second, stops it bringing money. So oil refinery can be killed by freezing on a second...  Its a very big problem, i think..

Edited by CCCP84
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 2:36 PM, CCCP84 said:

I found mistake in ra2 mode.

Yuri prime can capture 10 units. Its wrong. He can capture on a huge distance. And in combination whith a 10 units, its no chance...

In original RA2 prime can capture only 1.

And will you solve problem whith selling people ic clonator?(tanya for example)    It must not bring money!  Its bug. But some people use it. Its a problem! Solve this plz.

In original RA2 helicopter can be repared on reparing plant. on cnc - only by IFV+engineer. (but its not a big problem)

Red Alert 2's cloning vat has always given you money when infantry were put into it. This is not a bug, but entirely accurate. I just fired up regular RA2 (not Ares, CnCNet, edited ini file or any other version/mod) and tech'd up to the cloning vats just to re-confirm this, sent a dozen conscripts and even a desolator into it while my miners were sitting idle. Gave me a decent amount of money. 

Unrelated: Remember before the patch to RA2 when you could send wounded infantry into the tech hospital and out would pop a clone at the vats, free of charge? Fun times.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:55 PM, Kikematamitos said:

And can capture buildings if he is near of that. 

Yuri Prime in RA2 cannot mind control buildings. You must be thinking of Yuri's Revenge; that's where Prime can mind control buildings. In RA2 he wasn't a hero unit, but stolen tech you got if you owned a Soviet barracks, got a spy and infiltrated a Soviet battle lab. A tricky feat to pull off to be sure. I just cheese'd the AI to test this out, but neither in regular RA2 nor CnCNet RA2 mode does a Yuri Prime capture buildings, so this part is accurate to the original game.

What the topic creator said though about Yuri Prime mind controlling ten units in RA2 mode is true. I just had two Yuri Primes in RA2 mode (thanks to cloning vat trick which apparently works in every version of RA2/YR) and could mind control platoons of enemy tanks and send them back to their base to crush it — from nightmare levels of distance at that. This was hilarious and extremely overpowered compared to my test in regular RA2 where Prime could only mind control a single unit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dreamweaver said:

Red Alert 2's cloning vat has always given you money when infantry were put into it. This is not a bug, but entirely accurate. I just fired up regular RA2 (not Ares, CnCNet, edited ini file or any other version/mod) and tech'd up to the cloning vats just to re-confirm this, sent a dozen conscripts and even a desolator into it while my miners were sitting idle. Gave me a decent amount of money. 

Unrelated: Remember before the patch to RA2 when you could send wounded infantry into the tech hospital and out would pop a clone at the vats, free of charge? Fun times.

Yuri Prime in RA2 cannot mind control buildings. You must be thinking of Yuri's Revenge; that's where Prime can mind control buildings. In RA2 he wasn't a hero unit, but stolen tech you got if you owned a Soviet barracks, got a spy and infiltrated a Soviet battle lab. A tricky feat to pull off to be sure. I just cheese'd the AI to test this out, but neither in regular RA2 nor CnCNet RA2 mode does a Yuri Prime capture buildings, so this part is accurate to the original game.

What the topic creator said though about Yuri Prime mind controlling ten units in RA2 mode is true. I just had two Yuri Primes in RA2 mode (thanks to cloning vat trick which apparently works in every version of RA2/YR) and could mind control platoons of enemy tanks and send them back to their base to crush it — from nightmare levels of distance at that. This was hilarious and extremely overpowered compared to my test in regular RA2 where Prime could only mind control a single unit.

I can prove it 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:36 PM, CCCP84 said:

And will you solve problem whith selling people ic clonator?(tanya for example)    It must not bring extra money!  Its bug. But some people use it. Its a problem! Solve this plz.

Can you solve this??? Now i played and had problems whith it again!! This brakes the game! Solve this please!!

Edited by CCCP84