Is it possible to use the voices from YR in RA2?

F.E.A.R.

Playing this game for more than 10 years, I never got to ask if it's possible to use the "new" voice lines from Yuri's Revenge into Red Alert 2. I mean the vehicle and navy voice lines. In Red Alert 2, all vehicles and navy use the same voice. E.g. the Soviet vehicles use the Rhino tank voice line, while the navy uses the Dreadnought voice line. So is it possible to change their voice lines into their Yuri version?

3 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Yes, it is possible, you'll need to extract the sound files from YR and edit the RA2 ini settings for sounds.
You can find more info on https://www.ppmsite.com/

Don't ask me to do it for you or what how and where.

That's why I asked. There has to be some program to extract them or some guide how to do it. You could have at least provided me with a direct link on ppmsite.

12 hours ago, F.E.A.R. said:

That's why I asked. There has to be some program to extract them or some guide how to do it. You could have at least provided me with a direct link on ppmsite.

You use xcc mixer for it. I don't remember where exactly but there is a sound editor in one of the menus at the top.

12 hours ago, dkeeton said:

You use xcc mixer for it. I don't remember where exactly but there is a sound editor in one of the menus at the top.

I installed it. But it says "Open failed". Does that mean it doesn't load RA2?

4 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

This was your only question...

I was going to ask, but you said I shouldn't on how to do it. I'm only looking to use the YR voice and that's it, and not modding stuff. This should have been updated officially 18 years ago, but it never was. What a joke.

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, F.E.A.R. said:

I installed it. But it says "Open failed". Does that mean it doesn't load RA2?

I was going to ask, but you said I shouldn't on how to do it. I'm only looking to use the YR voice and that's it, and not modding stuff. This should have been updated officially 18 years ago, but it never was. What a joke.

Capture.PNG

Oh I see, you just need to use xcc mixer to extract the audio from langmd.mix and put in language.mix.

2 hours ago, F.E.A.R. said:

OK I extracted the audiomd.mix from langmd.mix, but how do I put in language.mix?

you should move the files you want form audiomd.mix to audio.mix. XCC Mixer has 2 columns, so you can have 2 mixes opened at the same time and you can drag and drop stuff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dkeeton said:

you should move the files you want form audiomd.mix to audio.mix. XCC Mixer has 2 columns, so you can have 2 mixes opened at the same time and you can drag and drop stuff.

It won't let me drag and drop files, that's the problem that I first encountered. It won't even let me do anything when I right click, only six options are available. Opening the audiomd.mix and audio.mix won't let me drag and drop files.

Capture 2.jpg

Capture.jpg