New CnCNet Map Search

Grant

Old version better. The new one is pretty limited: only 30 maps in output and 1 year age limit make impossbe to find good old maps.

Only good things there are visual design and ability to search maps using omly single char as a query. So single-char named maps should be findable now if to filter maps with longer names.

Upd1: Bug: it finds only TD maps, if query entered by text box on the top of the page.

Upd2: Nope, it just refreshes the page after enter key pressed. Is that a bug or a feature? Confused me, because I didn't notice live search there.

I suggest you to make possible to have deeper (unlimited) search, not a live search if you care about system load.

Edited by Ezer_2000

2 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Old version better. The new one is pretty limited: only 30 maps in output and 1 year age limit make impossbe to find good old maps.

Only good things there are visual design and ability to search maps using omly single char as a query. So single-char named maps should be findable now if to filter maps with longer names.

Upd1: Bug: it finds only TD maps, if query entered by text box on the top of the page.

Upd2: Nope, it just refreshes the page after enter key pressed. Is that a bug or a feature? Confused me, because I didn't notice live search there.

I suggest you to make possible to have deeper (unlimited) search, not a live search if you care about system load.

For just YR alone there are just over 10,000 results in the last year.  The search results that are rendered to the page are limited to 30 (not the number of maps you're searching if that helps). 

On the to do list:

• Better server handling of the results
  • Support for more results on a page
  • Map previews

That does sound like a bug, I'll take a look shortly. Thanks for spotting it. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ferret pinned this topic
  • Grant unpinned this topic