Its time for a TS league !?

Hungry Mike

How about starting a "TS league"? My proposal (feel free to change it in the ways you like :D)

We could make the results public on a table here in the forum or with Blues help on his side. We can start with a certain amount of players and then get more, which can join even when there are match days already gone.

The matches per "match day" dont have to be decided simultaneously in time, we can say that all matches have to be fought out in a period of 7-9 days. In any game there has to be one (trusted) spec as witness, who records the game, so we have proof on youtube or other platforms; or 3 (trusted) witness specs with their "testimony" xD.

Each match day should have one map only and it should be 1vs1 and best of 3. Maps change with the match days; non-mod and mod maps are in the mix, so we can bring the Evangelium of TS (and Kane) to newcomers and bring TS to the next generations. We can integrate 2vs2 match days as well, if people are smart enough to get their partners before.

If someone misses the games, he loses (its only 3 points ;) so even if he has a reason, it doesnt matter).

The basic rules should be: Multi fac off, short game on, bridges destroyable, no crates, multi engi on, firestorm off, no moveable mcv, no ally built, shared control possable. Mcv change allowed, pretending to be an ally, harvs and engies allowed. On Giants and some other mod maps no building past middle, engies and harvs. "Washes" in 2vs2 games, if no of the fighting players rejects the concept before the game for all games.

No bug usage, no cheats. Bug usage is: - Lag (if someone lags in the game and gets benefit from it, he has to correct it by selling stuff etc. in return; the other player can benefit from it of course. If specs lag, both players have to correct bonuses they get from the lag and the spec has to leave. If its not clear who lags, spec has to leave and control ping. If lag makes game unplayable, the game is lost for the lagger.)

If a game takes longer than 2 hours or noone can win, its a draw. If short game is on, that also includes the foreseable missing ability to win within the 2 hours (= if someone has stealth tanks he then gets a draw).

- Sub moves away from map bug (happens, if it gets empted sometimes: then bug has to be corrected, eventually game has to restart)

- Nuke bug (perfect aim, but mcv gets only 50 % or less health away - has to be proven by the player after game, who claims it; if so, restart game, if without bug he had a realistic chance of winning)

- Sub entrance and sub underground kill bug (if sub is underground and bombers/bans get sub anyway; or if units despite orders dont go in sub).

- Unit order bug (If you say X and units do N(X). Only with proof and realistic chance of winning without bug can game be restarted).

- Fake noob name usage  or false noob proclamation (game is lost)

- False accusation of bug usage (game is lost)

and so on. If there was a bug, you can claim it here in the forum and there will be a vote or some wise members (like Nme) will decide the case.

With the match days passing by, one rule can be changed for the match day by decleration (to make it more freaky: we can make short game on or firestorm on XD or use lower tech levels for instance).

A win gives 3 points, a loss 0, a draw 1.

We could start in the new year. Maybe with Terrace 1vs1?

Tell me, what you think :D

Your - as you can see -

greedy "VP"

Edited by Hungry Mike

So, i propose we start from the 25th of January on. If you want to join the "league" as a player or a spec witness, please write it down here or say it in CnCnet.

I hope we get enough players, and if not, it was worth the try.

To this time the following players declared their willingness to join:

- Mike Pence (;D)

Edited by Hungry Mike

The ladder is only used by a few people, it is not year based, and the rules, which apply to the game, are not clear (bug usage can be used for instance).

It lacks the charme, the charisma for me. Only a very few portion of players uses it.

A league would be much more fun, with many players, consistent matches and so on :D

*** News ***

We have one more player now:

WeaponX aka Shredded aka Mola is ready to join a TS league

Edited by Hungry Mike
  • Like 1

VERBATIM it was said that the ladder would die, that activity would fall dramatically and that is exactly what happened. I have outlined why many times. And it went from the most activity in years to back to basically none. I've said time and time again how to boost ladder activity and what is wrong with the ladder. Youve been trying your way, without success over and over....

On 1/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, KHANIVORE said:

VERBATIM it was said that the ladder would die, that activity would fall dramatically and that is exactly what happened. I have outlined why many times. And it went from the most activity in years to back to basically none. I've said time and time again how to boost ladder activity and what is wrong with the ladder. Youve been trying your way, without success over and over....

All your suggestions have implications of unfair advantages and disingenuous game play.

in 2020 the only way this games traffic will increase is by literally transforming it into a battle royal FPS game. 

The RTS genre isn’t and never was popular. 

• Upvote 1