Custom Units Built by Al

Jacob Foerster

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but idk where else to post this. I've recently finished my customized unit for my red alert 1 skirmishing experiments and its been done for awhile now, however, the problem is, is that I cannot get any of the Al's I'm battling against to built it. the time it has appeared is in the custom missions when the original unit is already there. Here is what I have for my custom unit:

[GNRL]
Image=RMBO
Name=Commando
Prerequisite=none
Primary=Sniper
Secondary=Sniper
Strength=30000
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=1
Sight=10
Speed=8
Owner=allies,soviet
Cost=0
Points=25
SelfHealing=yes
Burst=5
Crushable=no
DoubleOwned=yes

Keep in mind that this is the code I have put in not only for the original rules.ini file, but also the spawn.xdp or whatever its called (I forgot), the spawnam.xdp and the aftermath.ini file. No matter what I try I end up being the only one that can manufacture this customized unit. It was fun using for the impossible missions but I need to have the computer players to be able to build it.

Also, if your wondering why on earth I would customize my unit like I did, its because I have changed the recharge time for the paratrooper to 0.001, resulting in the Al's being able to send out a constant infinite supply of these at an instant pace until their airfield(s) are destroyed.

I wasn't able to put the 2 xdp files because they were not a supported file type to post and I cant change it to an ini file temporarily for some reason.

If nobody can figure it out its fine but I just wanted to see if anyone knew how to do it.

rules.ini aftrmath.ini

Edited by Jacob Foerster
Not Much

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 9:17 PM, Chad1233 said:

I experimented with this years ago and the AI in RA1's skirmish never builds [GNRL], you would have to modify existing infantry that is buildable.

Hmm ok I will try this thank you.

3 hours ago, Messiah said:

Or you can make two triggers: trigger1 is contantly reinforcing the GNRL unit - set the house to Multi1-8 (Number of starting waypoint +1) and trigger2 disables trigger1 when the airfield is destroyed.

Thank you I will also try that. It will also be  a great opportunity to teach myself more about triggers and creating them.