Skirmish through CnCNet?

Techstorm

Could there be a way to play a skirmish in Tiberian Dawn through CnCnet? I know it wasn't in the game, (you could, however, make a pseudo-skirmish by saying up a solo multiplayer game with AI players enabled, but you had zero control over them,) but might there be a way to trick the game into playing a solo PvAI game? If the game lacks skirmish AI, could It be programmed and implemented? Is there a TC mod for RA1 that remakes TD into a more multiplayer friendly game? I'd just like to have the same amount of control over TD that I had in the other games.

13 hours ago, Techstorm said:

If the game lacks skirmish AI, could It be programmed and implemented?

Experiments with an external program acting as AI made it very clear that such a program would have to accurately predict everything that is happening in the game purely from the actions taken by players. The game does not send information about unit deaths, projectile trajectories, inflicted damage, or any other automatic actions that are part of the game engine. The only thing it sends are active actions taken by players. By performing a synchronisation in advance that ensures that all the pseudo-randomised numbers in the game used for projectile inaccuracy and such are identical on each player's game, only a minimum of network traffic is needed to keep the game synchronised on all connected machines.

Quite simply, this means any system you want to hook up into that needs to 100% accurately emulate the entire game. Quite an impossible task. So the only remaining route is to actually program it into the game itself... which is a lot easier said than done.

So, if you really want skirmish in C&C 1, and especially if you want "the same amount of control that you have in the other games", well, I advise you to take the much simpler option: buy the remastered version.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:52 PM, Nyerguds said:

Experiments with an external program acting as AI made it very clear that such a program would have to accurately predict everything that is happening in the game purely from the actions taken by players. The game does not send information about unit deaths, projectile trajectories, inflicted damage, or any other automatic actions that are part of the game engine. The only thing it sends are active actions taken by players. By performing a synchronisation in advance that ensures that all the pseudo-randomised numbers in the game used for projectile inaccuracy and such are identical on each player's game, only a minimum of network traffic is needed to keep the game synchronised on all connected machines.

Quite simply, this means any system you want to hook up into that needs to 100% accurately emulate the entire game. Quite an impossible task. So the only remaining route is to actually program it into the game itself... which is a lot easier said than done.

So, if you really want skirmish in C&C 1, and especially if you want "the same amount of control that you have in the other games", well, I advise you to take the much simpler option: buy the remastered version.

Do we know if C&C 1 is finally getting a skirmish mode?

I still have so many questions about what they've made, haha.