Tunnel server setup not showing in game

ryanlloydpmb

Hi everyone, I have installed yuris  revenge and playing with about 10 friends in south africa the ping is a little slow and sometimes not great.

So today I tried to setup my own tunnel server, first using the the windows 10 and following a thread on here for what's needed. The cncnet application runs and sends heart beats and seems fine, also no password is set. 

After 2 hours I decided to setup a second tunnel server this time from my office. I used a linux machine we have at the office and followed the same thread for linux.

Checking the log file I see heart beats and server seems to be running. Both are now live for more than a couple hours each. The names are southafricawindows and southafricalinux

I can't see them on the live status website link and I cant see them in the game when setting up game and using advanced setting to select tunnel server.

These are running of a normal windows 10 laptop with 32 gig of ram. And for linux a desktop machine also with decent specs but ubuntu 18.6

Please help me fix this so we can run a decent server in south Africa.

The list is cached via cloudflare and it can take a couple hours (sometimes up to 4hours) until the servers show up.

I saw a South Africa server earlier (it was a V3 server for td/ra1/ts/d2k), but that one didn't work (no response, port not forwarded).

Currently there are 2 South Africa servers in the list but this time for YR, so you will probably see them soon as well.

Thank you they are both showing now:

But i have this message when tryning to start a game with a local player:

[19:45] An error occured while contacting the specified CnCNet tunnel server. Please try using a different tunnel server (accessible by typing /CHANGETUNNEL in the chat box).

SHould i wait a bit or am i to do something on my modem? At the office i do have advanced options and should be able to configure whats needed.

I hope to register this as an official server and support games in the African region, we have 125 MB fibre line with full back up power int he event of power failure at our offices. The Linux machines i have at the office could be setup as dedicated full time machines. Just need some help to get them up and recommended hardware to make sure performance is great for players locally. 

16 minutes ago, ryanlloydpmb said:

Thank you they are both showing now:

But i have this message when tryning to start a game with a local player:

[19:45] An error occured while contacting the specified CnCNet tunnel server. Please try using a different tunnel server (accessible by typing /CHANGETUNNEL in the chat box).

SHould i wait a bit or am i to do something on my modem? At the office i do have advanced options and should be able to configure whats needed.

You'll have to port forward 50000 UDP + TCP for the Yuris Revenege server (cncnet-tunnel.exe)

And 50001 UDP for the other games (cncnet-server-core / cncnet-server.exe)

12 minutes ago, ryanlloydpmb said:

I hope to register this as an official server and support games in the African region, we have 125 MB fibre line with full back up power int he event of power failure at our offices. The Linux machines i have at the office could be setup as dedicated full time machines. Just need some help to get them up and recommended hardware to make sure performance is great for players locally. 

That would be nice! We never actually had a server in that region, it would help a lot.

Oh, don't worry about the hardware, those servers are not very demanding. A Raspberry Pi would be enough...

We have issues with the public IP changing sometimes, this is the ISP switching IP addresses or reassignment of IP addresses after a power cut.

Is it possible to setup dyndns domain to keep this updated or will the local application update the change in IP automatically?

I'm asking because we had this issue with our CCTV systems.

I promoted your server and it should have the "High Quality" icon next to it soon.

If your ip changes then we'll have to promote it again manually, there is no way to do that automatically right now... Server will still work fine without the "High Quality" status though, so it's not a big deal :)