Build Orders

RightAnglezz

Hi all,

Just thought I’d put it out there to the PRO’s regarding BO’s with the evolution of the game as the TS we know and “love” now is so different to the one we knew and “loved” before.

Does the enhancements/Vet maps make a difference to your BO’s? I saw someone discussing it the other night and as I haven’t played as often in the last few years or competitively to have a valued opinion on the matter. I also don’t recall seeing a post on here clarifying it either? 

Most games nowadays are won & lose on marginal differences which will benefit either side. So I wonder if anyone builds differently now compared to what a typical “BO” would be in the past?

I was thinking more around the traditional 1 ref’s 2 refs BO’s as opposed to the more common I see atm which is 3 refs.

Thoughts?

Same builds still work.. 4 ref is king 5 ref for hyper safety infantry, 1/2/ ref for fast disrupters or apc, 3 ref for hybrid. You might notice slight differences in your money usage with the 58-60 FPS games compared to 52FPS from WOL/XWIS as units build faster and harvester travel time is slightly different. But its not major enough to justify different build order. You just have to time your infantry production a little differently.

Vet has absolutely 0 effect on money/build order

Most games are determined by who does better with early game infantry. Which makes it somewhat mind boggling to me how many players don't focus more on it. It's much more difficult than it used to be because of cncnet client being faster with no delay outside of player lag. But again, VET patch as nothing to do with it.

Edited by Black
  • Upvote 1
  • Check 1