"Brief: ALL01md"

Banafrit

I've been making heavily edited maps from the base game of Yuri's Revenge and Red Alert 2 in an effort to make a challenge map series. Every map I've worked on so far has gone well with no issues, but specifically, the map "No Wimps" keeps giving me a message that says "Brief: ALL01md" and the map will load, before the loading bar stops at roughly 75%, and doesn't load. Which results in freezing and crashing back to the lobby. Any help?

the loading thing is caused when the map causes some kind of crash in the process of loading. last time i got the error was when some of my trigger's tags were corrupted. all01md is the map file name for the first allied campaign map, so maby you did something to make the game confused about what type of map it is.

thats all i can tell you without personally debugging the map, and tbh i dont really want to.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:20 PM, McPwny said:

the loading thing is caused when the map causes some kind of crash in the process of loading. last time i got the error was when some of my trigger's tags were corrupted. all01md is the map file name for the first allied campaign map, so maby you did something to make the game confused about what type of map it is.

thats all i can tell you without personally debugging the map, and tbh i dont really want to.

No debugging required. It took me a day to figure out the issue. Trigger tags were corrupted, however the "Brief: ALL01md" message still shows up over the map. But this doesn't seem to effect gameplay.

1 hour ago, Banafrit said:

No debugging required. It took me a day to figure out the issue. Trigger tags were corrupted, however the "Brief: ALL01md" message still shows up over the map. But this doesn't seem to effect gameplay.

Does seem like it could be a bit annoying having it constantly being brought endlessly. If I am not mistaken it is possible to edit the briefings that appear during a mission to how often they rebroadcast themselves and how long during each briefing cooldown. Anyway congrats on fixing the problem. This will be able to help any future players who may happen to get a problem that is the exact same or very similar and need help fixing it.