New Mission Map : Wolves at the Door (Soviet Mission)

Concolor1

Author: Concolor1
Editor: FinalAlert2 + FinalAlert2YR
Created:24th Jan, 2021

Name: Wolves at the Door
Size: 80x80
Players: 1
Theater: Tundra

To play this mission:Extract the contents of the winzip file into your 
Red Alert2 Directory.Launch the game,select new campaign for the Soviets.
The game will then launch.

We expect our 'Wolves', to be knocking at their door shortly.......

Info:Comrade it has be many years since we last called upon our 'Wolves', no?
Our legendary 'Wolves', the pride of the working class, our elite conscripts that have fought many a hard battle and won the hearts of the Soviet people. Often facing in-surmountable odds, their trigger fingers bled in the name of the glorious Soviet Motherland.
It is now time to call upon our 'Wolves', once again.
A Soviet outpost located near Lavrentiya on the fringe of the great Soviet Empire has refused to follow orders. This is unthinkable, furthermore it has begun transmitting dangerous propaganda from its location. We cannot allow this treachery to spread, for this could lead to more descension in the ranks and the break-up of the Motherland. So far we have managed to jam and divert the transmissions emanating from this base. It is for this reason we have dispatched our legendary 'Wolves', into the area to 'Deal', with this problem. 
Unlike many, the 'Wolves', will not subscribe to subversive decadence, they are fiercely loyal to the Soviet cause and will not be turned! 
Once our 'Wolves', have landed, they will eliminate any opposition and take control of the lightly defended base to the North West. It will be from here they will expand to recruit and attack the larger base to the East. Failure will not be tolerated, give the Soviet people their victory and restore order. Level the base to the ground and destroy everything, let the cold snow blanket their bodies, and hide the shame they have brought upon the Mighty Soviet Empire.

Objective 1: Capture or Destroy the Three Radar Towers.

Objective 2: Capture or Destroy the Psychic Beacon.

Objective 3: Destroy all the traitors and their Base.

Hint:For those that struggle here's a quick guide to aid you in completing this mission. Once you have control of your 'Wolves', head East, follow the North Shore. Your 'Wolves', are four Veteran Conscripts if you haven't picked up on that by now.  Eliminate the two lone conscripts by the sandbags and head north. Carefully now, as a Dreadnought in the water will attempt to fire on your 'Wolves'. Its advised to pause, then move as it fires. This seems to prevent the Dreadnought tailing your 'Wolves', as they pass the Soviet Shipyard and continue following the shoreline. You will see a ramp to the North. Head to the top of this and then pause. Now if you have evaded the Dreadnought, it will of stopped firing. 
A small team of two Conscripts and one Crazy Ivan patrol the top of this ramp. Time your 'Wolves', to move west avoiding this patrol, now look for the break in the fence by the ammo crate and head straight through to the Bunker.
Thats phase one, from within the bunker your conscripts can pick off any patrols that pass.
Now for phase two. Exit the bunker and divide your team. Return two or three 'Wolves', into the bunker and send the remainder southwards. 
Three Tesla Troopers patrol a wooden bridge here. There is a cash bonus crate close by. Time your move carefully, and stay on the southern side of this bridge. (Moving down its centre or north side will cause a sentry gun to fire on you).
Once on the opposite side, head immediately south avoiding following the Tesla Troops and follow the fence round clockwise instead. To the side of this fence you will see an outhouse. Garrison this and attack the sentry gun, doing some damage to it before destroying the barrels alongside.
Complete this for the opposite side also.You may wish to destroy the Tesla Reactor, to upgrade your units rank. Destroying the Hind nearby will give you a cash bonus crate.
Once both Sentry guns have been destroyed reinforcements will arrive.
Return all your forces to the garrisoned bunker you left units inside, avoiding patrols and sentry guns.
Now approach the barracks, there are generally a few conscripts and attack dogs close by. Garrison the outhouse on the corner and pick these units off until the way is clear. Send one Engineer to a Tesla Reactor, and another to the barracks. (Although the barracks is the priority, low power will trigger a response from the Ai). For this reason having both your Engineers available is a bonus.
Once you have the barracks, build two attack dogs, then two engineers, send one to the Oil Derrick close by. The second is heading for the Soviet Construction yard. Avoiding the enemy of course. A cash bonus crate will appear close by once the Derrick is yours and you have followed everything in this tutorial. 
Now build six or seven Tesla Troops, another Engineer. Capture the enemy Ore Refinery, if the way is clear. This stops the Soviet Harvesters and allows your Tesla Troops to destroy them.
Build your own Ore Refinery and Sentry Gun. Then a War Factory, Second Harvester, Capture more Tesla Reactors to keep the power high. Then capture the first Radar Tower. 
By now the Enemy Ai will begin amassing units and attacking, the rest is up to you.---- Have fun.

Ok so there u have it,
A RA2.CFS file has been added. This will overwrite any other RA2CSF.file which you may of installed in your 
RA2 Folder from previous downloaded missions.The file contains text which been altered in order to fit 
with the maps theme!

Explanation: The sov01t.map file when placed in your RA2 folder preceeds the standard Yuri's Revenge Soviet game disc missions.
This means that the first mission played when the game is launched will be this mission. To restore your games
original first mission simply remove the sov01t.map file from your RA2 folder.
The RA2md.csf file contains the text for this mission, it also preceeds your game disc csf file. As above once you have
finished playing this mission remove the RA2csf.file. This also causes your game to revert to reading from the mission 
disc as opposed to reading data from the RA2 folder.

Various slight modifications have been added, all to keep in with this missions theme. The modifications will not alter your 
original RA2 game. 

Firstly a big thankyou to McPwny (as above), who has now taught me all about using Ai attacks. This has been a huge eye-opener and will add to your enjoyment of these maps.
He's offered many suggestions, improvements and solutions to a great many questions. Thanks McPwny, your the key contributor to this and anything more that I decide to make. So the improved targeting by dreadnoughts, Kirovs and Ai scripting is down to McPwny, along with Bridge repair solutions, Flashing units,ai safe-distancing, play testing and a really useful debug tool.
Ive learned alot in these past few weeks, things Id never considered in previous projects, it makes for one complex but rewarding game.

Finally a big thankyou to the following people who have given so much
help in this field with their ideas and solutions......many have now moved on, but they're not forgotten.

Lion,(for originally hosting and supporting my work, a big thankyou for creating my own little section on his much loved and popular
site "RADEN" ----- Greatly missed website, think its archived somewhere.
DeeZire,(for those unsupported script actions in this mission and help with the finer modifications.ArgCmdr,(who also writes mission
maps,and took the time to explain how DeeZires script-actions,should be written.
Wildefire for all the help shes given me in the past.
The Map Guild,(thanks to everyone in the forums for suggestions and help, this site has now closed unfortunatly).
Cannis,Responsible for so much, in this mission note the ground shaking effects, well its his genius which gave birth to that idea, its also his "true", random triggers which enable the lightning strikes,on various maps I made making them truely unpredictable. I also want to mention the great webpage he made for my missions
over at http://www.cannis.net/.
Dark Desolator,(for invaluable help in the forums and for explaining to my why neon green shows up as black text---doh!), I still value that
information even now..lol.
Roadxkill,(probably long gone by now).
RVMECH for his work in the RA2 community inspiring me with his own missions also for his latest work in creating downloadable script actions
which I used to incorporate my name and credits into the mapfile itself, thanks for that its a great bonus.
,for his support in getting my work posted to.
Cr@zyIvan & Miridor, can't leave them out.
ArgComdr, for driving me on when I sometimes lose interest.
Captdoom6,(for supplying the answers to the questions that I never asked).
Appokares,Silverfox,Subzero46,Wardead,Almyghty,Hinheir,CBWhiz,Benianka,Aircraftkiller2001,
and anyone else that I may of overlooked,thanks guys,a big thankyou also to the play
testers whos time was spent going over the mission,thanks for your time and patience guys.
Dark Sorpion, playtested this for me and informed me of a number of details which led to an improvement of the game, he also found the bugs..lol.
Many of the above have now gone, it being almost 20yrs, but some names you may well recognise, either way their contributions live on in every mission, thanks guys.

Finally thanks to Matze,for the FA2 utility,and the RA2 CSF Editor.
Also thanks to Olaf Van der Spek for the XCC utilities which I used to extract the md.csf file.
available at http://xccu.sourceforge.net/.
Thanks again to DeeZire http://www.deezire.net/deezire8.htm
ArgComdr's mission site http://yrarg.cncguild.net/
ra2ms2001's site www.mapmatrix.gamespage.com                           
Cannis's site (has some really useful Tutorials) http://volrathscastle.com/mapguild/cannis.shtml

https://web.archive.org/web/20130329124341/http://www.cncgames.com/maps_ra2missions.shtml

Other Concolor1 Missions

1> Signed & Sealed.       (Allied RA2)
                             2> Temporal Exposure.     (Allied RA2)
                             3> Soviet Stranglehold.   (Allied RA2)
                             4> Prisoner of Conscience.(Yuri   YR)
                             5> The Wolves of Winter.  (Soviet RA2)
                             6> Fierce Intent.         (Allied RA2)
                             7> Shock Tactics.         (Soviet RA2)
                             8> Dominance in Mind.     (Yuri   YR)
                             9> Weathering the Storm.  (Soviet RA2)
                            10> In Cold Storage.       (Allied RA2)
                            11> Identity Crisis.       (Yuri   YR)
                            12> Terminal Lunacy.       (Soviet YR)
                            13> Under Pressure.        (Allied RA2)
                            14> Robot Revolution.      (Allied YR)
                            15> Nuclear Winter.        (Soviet YR)
                            16> Last Post.             (Soviet RA2)
                            17> Day of the Desolators. (Allied RA2)
                            18> Engineered to Kill.    (Allied YR)
                            19> Jungle Fortress.       (Allied YR)
                            20> Company of Wolves.     (Soviet RA2)
                            21> End of an Era, pt1 & pt2 (Yuri YR)
                            22> Moon Madness (TX Expansion)
                            23> Siege (TX Expansion)   (Allied YR)
                            24> Wipe Out!              (Allied RA2)
                            25> Foothold               (Soviet RA2)
                            26> Viral Agent            (Yuri   YR)
                            27> Finnishing Moves       (Allied RA2)
                            28> Driven up the Wall     (Soviet YR)
                            29> Wolves at the Door     (Soviet RA2)
                            30> Tanya's Tomb Raiding Trek (Allied YR)
                            31> Fire and Ice           (Allied YR)

*Included files:
[Wolves at the Door sov01t.map] (the map)
[Wolves at the Door.jpeg] (preview image)
[Readme file].txt (this file)
[RA2.csf],(text game file)

SCRN0004.jpg

SCRN0015.jpg

SCRN0016.jpg

SCRN0061.jpg

SCRN0070.jpg

SCRN0074.jpg

Minimap.jpg

Wolves at the Door.zip

A brand new mission for Vanilla RA2 written over Christmas this one pits Soviets against Soviets for a change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, YosefAnan said:

Nice map dude, put links to the maps list so we can download them easily.
I will start play and record your maps soon after I finish the game missions.

Yosef were you able to get the csf to run with your Origin version of the game?

You want me to make a general thread with links to each mission just for onsite or other websites as well? Could be a side project but im up for it.

16 hours ago, cc88_06 said:

Where can I find the missions 22.Moon Madness and 23.Siege ?..

currently looking at Moon Madness now, i'll take some timeout from other things to look at posting it.

screen2.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:28 PM, Concolor1 said:

Yosef were you able to get the csf to run with your Origin version of the game?

You want me to make a general thread with links to each mission just for onsite or other websites as well? Could be a side project but im up for it.

for the game it's ok I played it and nothing is wrong everything is fine but I am wondering if we can make a CSF file and upload it to CnCNet for some text that we need for our maps maybe need to ask all our friends who makes maps to share what they need to put inside the CSF file and make it as an index for everyone so we can easily add it to trigger text when we need that.

Also, I did the video and soon I will post it on my channel I will send the link to you.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, YosefAnan said:

for the game it's ok I played it and nothing is wrong everything is fine but I am wondering if we can make a CSF file and upload it to CnCNet for some text that we need for our maps maybe need to ask all our friends who makes maps to share what they need to put inside the CSF file and make it as an index for everyone so we can easily add it to trigger text when we need that.

Also, I did the video and soon I will post it on my channel I will send the link to you.

Ok I misread what you wrote, you need a csf for your own maps on the server? A general one, good idea. I think the csfmd holds all the RA2 game texts as well as the YR. but it won’t work the other way around. So you may need two files.

Edited by Concolor1

All I’m saying is the csf holds only RA2 texts and the csfmd which has texts for both games. 

However for anyone with just the RA2 game. It will only read the csf.

and anyone with YR well that reads the csfmd.

so in order for both games to read texts you would need both files. 

Then you would edit it with a string editor. 

• 2 months later...