What utility should I use to extract this old TX mission.

Concolor1

Ive recently been looking at old work, and ive two pieces that don't appear to work any longer. Both were made for the TX first version, (Terrain Expansion). Ive tried using XCC but, the following happens. XCCMixer = No files found, XCC TMP Editor = Unexpected File format. XCC Mod Creator = Missing Shortcut XCC Mod Launcher = Missing Shortcut XCC Mix Editor = No files found match search. 

Now the file itself is in an exe, which explains why the XCC can't get to it. So how do I crack it open now its compiled?

Ive not installed the TX, but did want to get at the files and map itself.

moon_madnessTX.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i dont know how these old mod launcher things worked, but i can see that included are a bunch of .tem terrain files and nothing else. the index text file that opens from the mod launcher says that it will write an expand and ecache mix into the folder when launched, and that it contains several voxels, a csf file, rules and art, and the map. but the exe file is 475 kb which is way less than the sum of the size of those files.... also, the lunar theater reads .lun extension lunar terrain tiles and not .tem extension temperate ones so i am really baffled by this

• Haha 1

I always got the impression it wrote the files into your RA2 folder, then deleted them when it was closed. 

The terrain would be in the TX, it’s a pretty small mission, just patrols and buildings, and tunnels. The lunar theatre was pretty limited, but yes there should be voxels , shps, a csf and a mapfile .

• Check 1

Right ought to close this, its all sorted now and works, thanks to @Ezer_2000 and @McPwny I'll post a proper update in due course.

TX.2 required, goto the YR Folder that comes in the TX2, copy the Lunarmd and expandmd06.mix into your RA2 folder. Before you launch the mission itself, the Mod Launcher works for me. Ensure the following two files, (If you have them), are copied or removed. All01umd.map and ra2md.csf otherwise the Mod will not play the mission, and any existing ra2md.csf file will be overwritten and deleted on exiting the game.

Once you have done bashing your head against the wall in this mission, remove the Lunarmd and expandmd06.mix from your RA2 folder and your vanilla game will be restored. (Hope thats easy to follow).

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Check 1