Advanced Tutorial - Making a trigger tagged to a cell on the ground to run an action

YosefAnan

Advanced Tutorial - Making a trigger tagged to a cell on the ground to run an action

In this video tutorial, we are going to learn how to run the trigger when infantry come near or cross over cells on the ground, and to make that trigger works we have first of all assign the country to the players and computer (AI) like player 1 should be America, and player 2 should be Russia,etc. I make everything ready for the tutorial, I shorten time of the video. We will make some triggers and events while the player moving forward and go across the map.

The Triggers which will run through the game:
- Run the trigger of the tanks to attack the player.
- Run the trigger of the infantry to attack the player.
- Run the trigger to destroy the attached Barrels.
- Run a transporter to take soldiers to the safe land.
- Set a timer:
* If the timer expires player loses.
* If the player reached the safe area he win.

Watch the video:

• Check 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I noticed in FA2 there is a Trigger Event called `26 Crosses Vertical Line`. I've put this on the right side of the center of the map with the event parameters "Player@A" and the trigger actions is to enable another trigger, play a speech and play hells march 2.

Unfortunately, the trigger doesn't fire. I moved the trigger onto the map with "place on map" and then clicking on a cell in the map, and the little red thing with X appears. Now I want the trigger to fire if I send units to the right side of the map, but it doesn't fire. I literally put tanks on top of the cell and drive them in circles but the trigger doesn't fire. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to use a long series of `59 Entered or Overflown By... (YR)` to separate the map in two?

Attached is a test map, just a basic map with some stuff for fooling around easily, you should see the trigger activate when crossing the concrete line on the right, but it doesn't seem to work.

test_1.map

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, throstur said:

Hello. I noticed in FA2 there is a Trigger Event called `26 Crosses Vertical Line`. I've put this on the right side of the center of the map with the event parameters "Player@A" and the trigger actions is to enable another trigger, play a speech and play hells march 2.

Unfortunately, the trigger doesn't fire. I moved the trigger onto the map with "place on map" and then clicking on a cell in the map, and the little red thing with X appears. Now I want the trigger to fire if I send units to the right side of the map, but it doesn't fire. I literally put tanks on top of the cell and drive them in circles but the trigger doesn't fire. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to use a long series of `59 Entered or Overflown By... (YR)` to separate the map in two?

Attached is a test map, just a basic map with some stuff for fooling around easily, you should see the trigger activate when crossing the concrete line on the right, but it doesn't seem to work.

test_1.map 217.15 kB · 11 downloads

Hello!

Sorry if late, I just now saw your comment, and I did a video to explain how to make the trigger works!

Here are the edited map:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8banr3uoz3lmp14/test_1.map/file

On 4/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

Some triggers don't work in skirmish and multiplayer. This one either.

Sure you can dude, but should be as a country not as a (player A or B).

• Like 1

Thank you for this Yosef, very detailed explanation! In the end, I thought it would be too many triggers because I want players to be any country except Cuba/Russia (and maybe Libya) because I have some custom AI for those countries, so I put a lot of gattling guns on the right side of the pavement and when some are destroyed the trigger is fired, but excellent explanation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 5:52 PM, throstur said:

Thank you for this Yosef, very detailed explanation! In the end, I thought it would be too many triggers because I want players to be any country except Cuba/Russia (and maybe Libya) because I have some custom AI for those countries, so I put a lot of gattling guns on the right side of the pavement and when some are destroyed the trigger is fired, but excellent explanation!

You're welcome dude, No problem. ?