Jump to content

Attaching ARES's bounty TO a map (Earn money after killing enemy)


Tutankhamun
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think the best you could do is put crates in vehicles and buildings only

https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/CarriesCrate - Vehicles
https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/CrateBeneath - Buildings

The problem with this is it means more random crates will spawn elsewhere
I totally haven't tested this at all and I'm pretty sure you'll need to play with crates enabled ;) 

The crates will be random, maybe you can only enable money crates?
can you edit this?

Spoiler

[Powerups]
Armor=10,ARMOR,yes,1.5              ; armor of nearby objects increased (armor multiplier);gs Think of max strength being multiplied by this (in reality, damage is divided by this since you can't change the max in Type)
Firepower=10,FIREPOWR,yes,2.0       ; firepower of nearby objects increased (firepower multiplier)
HealBase=10,HEALALL,yes              ; all buildings to full strength
Money=20,MONEY,yes,2000             ; a chunk o' cash (maximum cash)
Reveal=10,REVEAL,yes                 ; reveal entire radar map
Speed=10,SPEED,yes,1.2              ; speed of nearby objects increased (speed multiplier)
Veteran=20,VETERAN,yes,1             ; veteran upgrade (levels to upgrade)
Unit=20,<none>,no                  ; vehicle


It might look like this

 

Spoiler

[Powerups]
Armor=20,MONEY,yes,2000
Firepower=20,MONEY,yes,2000       
HealBase=20,MONEY,yes,2000              
Money=20,MONEY,yes,2000            
Reveal=20,MONEY,yes,2000       
Speed=20,MONEY,yes,2000              
Veteran=20,MONEY,yes,2000        
Unit=20,MONEY,yes,2000                 




There is potentially another way i thought of but it is a 1000x more difficult and no guarantee it will work
THIS IS JUST MY THEORY  - NOT SURE

Crates are not a unit, they are technically an overlay
So what you will have to to do is figure out how to spawn specific overlays only - I'm not sure if it's possible
Then when the vehicle dies, call up the crate overlay  -

If it doesn't work then, maybe what you could do is get rid of all overlays in the whole map but only leave the crate ones

Check these links: 

https://ppmforums.com/topic-41602/overlaytypes-guide/?highlight=crate
https://ppmforums.com/topic-30790/spawning-random-crates-with-debris/   - Tibirium sun but still maybe relevant
https://ppmforums.com/topic-56859/paradropping-tug-boat-with-crate-beneath/?highlight=crate


These are just my lazy/ very quick searches on the topic - Hope this helps you

Edited by bbglas007
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@bbglas007 yes my friend, i can do it but it's the not the right way to make it on survival maps.

Think about literally 100 Conscripts wave coming and each one of them contains a bounty, when you kill single one you HAVE TO get certain amount of money

While you are killing them it will be messy, crates are not the right way to get money from them. even if you use trigger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, survival is a totally different kettle of fish

I'm pretty naive when it comes to final alert triggers and the such but maybe each unit could have a death weapon and that death weapon activates a reoccuring trigger which gifts money to the player. But which player?

I think even if you get it working, it will not be 100%. Maybe all players will end up getting money

I have no idea. This sounds near impossible, but I wish you a lot of luck. The functionality sounds like it would be fun and I too have always wanted something like this

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow dude I've never ever thought like that. It actually blew my mind i like your style i respect that idea. 

But you still one part missing. How do i get money from taking nothing. No mining no crates. Just a trigger that triggers something that gives money when I kill a single unit.

It's may be confusing, it also has to give you money real time. I mean for example if u kill 19 units in one shot you HAVE to get each of their bounty. 

In triggers, I've made a simple map that when you kill a  unit, there is a pill box spawning which will be yours and it lasts 1 second and ( ProduceCashAmount=X ) gets destroyed by repeating HE trigger which is damages waypoint around every 1 second for insta kill. Like Tech oil logic but temporarily

So the plan seem like working but it's not the solution for "mass kill-get money each of them" problem.

Or maybe the mining logic. How it works? When your miner unloads ores in refinery what is actually going on right there do you know any codes for it?

Edited by Tutankhamun
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, Tutankhamun said:

Wow dude I've never ever thought like that. It actually blew my mind i like your style i respect that idea. 

But you still one part missing. How do i get money from taking nothing. No mining no crates. Just a trigger that triggers something that gives money when I kill a single unit.

It's may be confusing, it also has to give you money real time. I mean for example if u kill 19 units in one shot you HAVE to get each of their bounty. 

In triggers, I've made a simple map that when you kill a  unit, there is a pill box spawning which will be yours and it lasts 1 second and ( ProduceCashAmount=X ) gets destroyed by repeating HE trigger which is damages waypoint around every 1 second for insta kill. Like Tech oil logic but temporarily

So the plan seem like working but it's not the solution for "mass kill-get money each of them" problem.

Or maybe the mining logic. How it works? When your miner unloads ores in refinery what is actually going on right there do you know any codes for it?

That sounds like good progress

Honestly you give me too much praise - I'm a Final Alert noob

-Maybe another idea is you get reinforcements by chrono and it auto spies an enemy refinery off screen? - I'm not sure


-You could also have a crate spawn in your base for every unit you kill with a unit of yours that patrols in ciricles.... maybe one that you cannot select and has very high speed and no weapon? *I think this is your best bet*

- The other idea is Reinforcements by chrono and you get some chrono legionnaires to teleport into a grinder automatically

I'm sorry, I don't have too many ideas or know how the miner logic works. this stuff is hard coded

You may have to try some miner hacks
Maybe you get an OP Chrono miner that mines very quickly that is no longer yours when you stop killing enemies?

It's a very difficult challenge you have - I guess that's why Ares exists and not people like us trying to hack vanilla Ra2 
I wish CNCnet had ares by default so we can have expanded functionality on some maps - but it's wishful thinking

Good luck with it!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, bbglas007 said:

 

- The other idea is Reinforcements by chrono and you get some chrono legionnaires to teleport into a grinder automatically
 

This is perfect idea but there is a problem. There are no scripts for let units get in Grinder. I was searching it for years but somehow in campaign, Hollywood and Vain named map has it and i can't figure how you set units to go inside grinder. If i find this I'll be very happy. 

 

It needs completely automatic. I don't want players manually select and move it to their Grinder it's like pain

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tutankhamun said:

This is perfect idea but there is a problem. There are no scripts for let units get in Grinder. I was searching it for years but somehow in campaign, Hollywood and Vain named map has it and i can't figure how you set units to go inside grinder. If i find this I'll be very happy. 

 

It needs completely automatic. I don't want players manually select and move it to their Grinder it's like pain

Try to download the map and find it. It should be possible for us mappers to use that function
I personally think crate spawn idea in your base will make less lag but whatever you gotta do to make it work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have no experience with neither ARES nor FA2, but you can try this with FA2:
When a specified unit is killed (Event: 7 Destroyed by any house), trigger the following:
Action #1: 125 Create Building At... (house)
Action #2: 60 Sell building
Make it recurring.

Supposedly, you (the house) would profit from automatically selling that building every time the assigned unit is killed.
Create a new trigger for every house (player), so whoever kills the specified unit gets "the bounty".
I'm almost certain you can make the building invisible too, so that it doesn't look weird or cause any issues (error, lag or whatever).

You may need to use a special building (whichever/small hut) with another trigger and make it belong to you (attached to you/buildable by you only), to ensure that the money goes to you when it's sold (in case that simply placing the building on your spot doesn't make it yours).

Edited by Sam-I-am
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...