AirWars 1.1

Sam-I-am

Hello, everybody.

I'd like to share this new map with you.

It's called: AirWars. A small map, made by the father of small maps; @YosefAnan. BTW, he's the nicest, most tolerant, helpful and cooperative guy you could ever meet/work with.
I described the concept to him and he made it quickly and efficiently, but I kept delaying the release of it for weeks for further testing.

It's the first and only map (that I know of) to focus solely on aerial warfare.

Images and map design are Yosef's work. I just changed some game settings.

posted image

Available units are:
Black Eagle, Harrier, Chopper, V3, Boris + all 3 types of anti-air.
No tanks, troops, towers... etc.

Side doesn't matter. All players get a Soviet MCV with exactly the same units; No specialty.

As noted in the preview:
- Tesla Reactors generate money.
- Nuclear Reactor doesn't generate money, but it provides Force Shield.
- V3 can hit anywhere on the map.
- Choppers serve as anti-air when deployed.
- Black Eagle is stronger, more powerful, fires 1 missile per mission.
- Harrier is weaker, less powerful, but has unlimited ammunition (meaning it could fire multiple missiles without having to return for reload).

posted image

Make sure you extract it to the custom maps folder (\Maps\Custom\).

Hope you like it :)

Edit:
Seems like patching is inevitable.

AirWars 1.1 is here.

What's new:
- No engineer (Machine Shop is pre-acquired).
- Boris is twice as strong.
- Less money from Tesla.
- Deployed choppers can no longer kill Boris or destroy V3 launchers.
- Harrier is now stronger, more powerful (still not as strong and powerful as the Black Eagle).
- "Base-walking" or expanding into nearby spot is impossible.
- Fixed a bug which prevented players from watching the game after losing.

AirWars.zip

AirWars.zip

Edited by Sam-I-am
Removed the new version (to fix a bug).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Check 1

Thank you my friend, I feel embarrassed.  ?
You praised me so much and I didn't do much except what I could do to make you and whoever play this map happy.
I hope you guys like this map that my friend Sam-I-am did it mode as well making it as perfect as he can, and I hope that this map will be adopted from among the official maps. ??

Edited by YosefAnan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, throstur said:

Definitely not the first and only Air War map

That's not exactly what I said.

There's even a map category called "Airwar" (which I didn't know about before making & naming this map).
Of course there are other maps that focus MORE on the aerial side, but still allow you to use tanks, troops, and perhaps naval units. What's different about this one, is that it's totally dedicated to aerial stuff. Everything else excluded.

Thanks ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, throstur said:

I think it's kind of weird that the only anti-air units are the siege choppers.

It's intended to be that way :)
We want players to rely on less-effective anti-air, to keep the balance between offense and defense, and to maintain the risk factor (of losing your defense at any moment) :)

It's already hard for them to reach each other's bases. Adding more anti-air units (like the Soviet Flak Track or Yuri's Gattling Tank) would make it too hard and not fun :)
Neither the V3s nor the aircraft would be effective against them. Offense would be much more costly, while defense would be much cheaper (you wouldn't even use any of the static, power-reliant anti-air), the result would be a boring long game :D

BTW, Power generated from Teslas is significantly reduced, to require players to build more to power up their anti-air (which increases the importance of every single Tesla).

Players who rely only on Tesla, are more likely to face power outages, especially in a case of a nuke strike, and for those who use nuclear reactors, the risk would always be there, even without a nuke strike. Needless to say, with every nuke reactor you make to ensure that your defenses continue to work and production goes smoothly, you're putting another nuclear bomb in your base. Risky situation in both cases.

BTW, AirWars 2 is in the making.
It's supposed to include several types of rocket launchers & 10 types of aircraft + New types of Anti-air.

Thanks again. I appreciate it :)

Edited by Sam-I-am

• Sam-I-am changed the title to AirWars 1.1