Does CnCNet client implement a smarter AI?

Turner12

Is it true that AI in CnCNet is improved compared to original AI? Can anyone confirm? I’m actually having trouble understanding CnCNet. Is It just a game lobby or does it modify the game? If it does then if you launch game not through CnCNet client but through the original RA2MD.exe is it still an original game unmodified by CnCNet or a improved game modified by CnCNet? In other word if you launch through RA2MD.exe do you still get improved AI? Thanks.

tp link login

sarkari job

Edited by Turner12

On 5/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Turner12 said:

Is it true that AI in CnCNet is improved compared to original AI? Can anyone confirm?

Unfortunately no. The AI in CnCNet version is the same as vanilla AI. There does exist a "Brutal AI" option in the skirmish/MP options that makes the AI build taskforces slightly faster but that's pretty much it. I do wish that the CnCNet devs expand on the Brutal AI option to make the AI better.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, Turner12 said:

I’m actually having trouble understanding CnCNet. Is It just a game lobby or does it modify the game?

About CnCNet

Basically, CnCNet is a multiplayer platform for the older C&C games (like TD, RA1, TS and RA2). The main purpose of CnCNet is not to change the gameplay (although there do exist optional gameplay changing options like the YR Rebalance patch) but the main purpose is to provide quality of life improvements to make the MP experience better.

Some of the QoL stuff include new renderers for better performance/compatibility, Graphics patching for allowing higher resolutions and reducing lag, better anti-cheat, more options in skirmish lobby, ability to have 8 players in a multiplayer match as opposed to 6 and much more.

Edited by ReaperAA

i imagine it would be relatively easy to create an alternate version of aimd.ini with a better AI and then pack it with the client to be activated when an option is ticked, but they dont do that. since cncnet is focused on multiplay, i suppose. you can still write and pack custom AI into map files and play them like that, but few people understand how to and its also a lot of work

• Like 1