How to move units between mods

MaxCross

Hello, I'm new at modding, and I'm trying to move units between mods. For example, I'd like to add the vanilla Wolverine to Twisted Insurrection. I know that I have to move the Rules.ini and the Art.ini entries, and how those are linked, but I don't know where the graphics are stored and how they're linked to the ini files I know about. I couldn't find a guide explaining how all the various elements of a unit's definition are linked together, is there a chart or guide out there that explains that?

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, MaxCross said:

Hello, I'm new at modding, and I'm trying to move units between mods. For example, I'd like to add the vanilla Wolverine to Twisted Insurrection. I know that I have to move the Rules.ini and the Art.ini entries, and how those are linked, but I don't know where the graphics are stored and how they're linked to the ini files I know about. I couldn't find a guide explaining how all the various elements of a unit's definition are linked together, is there a chart or guide out there that explains that?

Thank you.

All the units, unit images, animations, explosions etc.. are stored in MIX files and they are linked to all INI's. So waht you need is few programms like "SHP_Builder.exe", "XCC MIX Editor.exe", "XCC Mixer.exe" specifically for units, buildings but for more files like ground vegetation variety "XCC TMP Editor.exe" will come handy. All these programms you can find here on Forum. 
This link has them all (as far as I remenber) https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qymcqWxsW9hLpLsM-T_DtcB_Mp4MNor/view?usp=sharing