Need help for Cameo Creator

DarkVen9109

Did you put the "L" on layer 4? If your not sure what layer the letter is on you can hide and show a layer by click on the glasses (1) also if you hold your mouse over the layer name it will show you what is on it (2). Once you find the layer that the "L" is on  than you can cut the blue away.

If this didn't work for you attach your PSP so I can look at it. You may have to put it into a ZIP than attach it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it looks like you put each letter on its own layer yes you will have to go layer by layer erasing the blue. I'm guessing Layer 9 has the "A"?

You could have put all of the letters on Layer 3 just fine. This way once you have all of the letter on Layer 3 you can use the Selection Tool to drag a box around the group of leters and center them on the cameo. This won't effect any layers but the one you have selected.  So you can move the "R" (on Layer 8?) that looks to far to the right back to the left alittle with out effecting any thing on the layers above or below it.

To be honest, I didn't expect that it would come this far, having 10 layers by copying and pasting it on a Cameo. Truth is, I get this error "this operation could not be completed" thingy. So what I did is just use the selection tool to copy 'em and paste it as a new layer.

If your Your getting a "This operation could not be completed because the current layer does not contain any active data within the current selection area".

This means that you used the Selection Tool (or FreeHand tool) to drag a box and when you attemp to move what is inside of the box PSP is telling you there is nothing to move with in the current selection area (the box) on that layer.

You didn't need to paste the as a As New Layer. You could have Selection Tool and put a box around the wanted letter and Copy it. Move over the the cameo and select Layer 3, now paste the lettter using As New Selection. (Ctrl-E) When you do this it is likely that you mouse will snap to the center of your cameo and the letter will be attched to your mouse. Move your mouse to were you want the letter than click. Now the letter will be a Floating Selection. If your Selection Tool or FreeHand Tool is still selected from earlier you can move the letter again if you want. If it is in the right spot right click and the  Floating Selection will now be apart of Layer 3.

Repeat for all your letter and this way you won't have so many layers.

tbh I don't use layers. I make my text in a new image, select the text with select-by-colour, by clicking on the background with invert-select (holding shift, in Gimp), so it selects all text I pasted together. Then I copy that onto my cameo.

• 2 months later...

He just means, copy out the actual icon part and paste it as new image, for your actual icon file. The "erase or cut" just means you can also crop the image to that size instead of copying it out. That'll make you lose all the hints stuff around it though.

• 4 months later...

The dimensions aren't correct... the first two are the correct size, namely 64x48, but are lacking a border. The last one is 62x47, while it should be 64x48 and should have an icon border.

Also, only the last one seems to have black shadow on the text. They should all have that.

For the rest, I advise sharpening the images more, and actually applying the game palette to see how they come out.

All of the Cameo/icons are in the hires.mix find one and use the same file name as the icon you want to replace/update. Than make a expand4.mix (copy,paste and rename expand.mix or expand4.mix) now put the new icon into the expand4.mix