A Trick to Get More Crates

Sam-I-am

Hello, everyone.

I noticed something interesting, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or just a coincidence.

Can anyone confirm that the more quickly you take crates, the more quickly (sooner) new ones would show up around your spot?
I've experienced that wonderful phenomenon many times.

As soon as I pick up a new crate, another one appears. At the same moment!

Edited by Sam-I-am

Yeah, 100%. there's only set amount of crates that spawn at the same time, the number depends on how many players STARTED the game, so if 8 players started, 6 quit, and 2 are alive, the game will have the amount of crates of 8 players. 

Also, some maps, like Sedona (custom map) has more crates spawned than regular. When playing with crates on, having great multi-tasking skills/map control typically wins you the game. You have to be going for crates ALL the time.

By the way, if you are curious if they spawn around your spot ONLY, its not the case. Crates spawn in random locations, though I did notice they typically spawn more on the edges of the map, but I never tested this.

Also, if you are looking to get units from crates (MCVs for example) you can't have over 150 units on the map yourself, so if you are MCV-less with hundreds of units, you will never get an MCV until your units start to die. 

On 2/12/2023 at 9:59 PM, ArabChuckNorris1 said:

if you are curious if they spawn around your spot ONLY

Around the same spot where another crate was taken.

there's only set amount of crates that spawn at the same time

And I'm confident that there is also a limit on the number of crates that can exist at the same time in any given spot.

Given that there are those limits, my theory is that if you take your crates before others take their's, new ones are likely to show up at your spot, because other spots would already have many.

To give a simple example, suppose that others player don't take their crates at all; if you're the only one taking crates, you'd continue to get new ones as soon as you take existing ones, because crates get sprinkled around the map equally to some extent. I mean you usually see 3-4 crates at the same time in each spot (they don't all show up at the same spot, that never happens, because of the limit), so you would get all new crates because other spots would have reached their limit, so you benifit from the "fair" distribution.

if you are looking to get units from crates (MCVs for example) you can't have over 150 units on the map yourself, so if you are MCV-less with hundreds of units, you will never get an MCV until your units start to die

Not sure about that, but if you sell all the buildable structures that you own, the next crate you take would be an MCV crate for sure, regardless of how many units you have. Of couse, short game must be disabled for that to work or else you lose.

Edited by Sam-I-am

On 2/13/2023 at 9:09 AM, Sam-I-am said:

Around the same spot where another crate was taken.

And I'm confident that there is also a limit on the number of crates that can exist at the same time in any given spot.

Given that there are those limits, my theory is that if you take your crates before others take their's, new ones are likely to show up at your spot, because other spots would already have many.

To give a simple example, suppose that others player don't take their crates at all; if you're the only one taking crates, you'd continue to get new ones as soon as you take existing ones, because crates get sprinkled around the map equally to some extent. I mean you usually see 3-4 crates at the same time in each spot (they don't all show up at the same spot, that never happens, because of the limit), so you would get all new crates because other spots would have reached their limit, so you benifit from the "fair" distribution.

Not sure about that, but if you sell all the buildable structures that you own, the next crate you take would be an MCV crate for sure, regardless of how many units you have. Of couse, short game must be disabled for that to work or else you lose.

I never tested with short-game, but maybe. I have tested it with units and there is an amount of units you must have or less to be able to get units (aka MCVs) from crates. I believe its 150 units though I'm not 100% sure. I honestly never tested the locations but I've had situations in which all crates spawn on one side of the map and 0 in others, but I would love to see some testing on this. 

• Check 1