Weird C&C95 Questions For Nyerguds

MattAttack

So I'm making a mission where a lot of units are involved.  You are GDI and NOD is landing Hovercraft and unloading Light Tanks and Buggys, constantly.  You must kill 500 of them to cease the onslaught.  As I progress towards the end of the mission, Hovercraft start landing with nothing on them, and when I try to build more tanks, I can't.  All Icons are greyed out and when I click, it gives the "cannot comply, building in progress" message, although there's definetely nothing being built.  Is this caused by some sort of limitation to the amount of units allowed in a mission?  It's really weird! I've attatched the mission to this post if you wanted to examine it.  This doesn't happen quite every time, but obviously, you'd want your mission to work perfectly every time...

**I was trying to get a screenshot but as I went to save the mission at that point I got an error message:

The instruction at 0045bba1 refrenced memory at 00000000 The memory could not be read from.

I don't know if this was related or not, but perhaps it will lend some insight into the problem.

scg95ea.zip

I'm not sure about that... Again, rearranging the order of the triggers solved the AI's problem of landing more reinforcements.  And as far as the player reaching a limit, there's no way I built 500 units-- in fact nowhere near as much as I've built in multiplayer games. Now that I think about it, this happened to me once in another custom made sp map called "the shifting sands" by trailhog250. http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1670.0 Go figure..... I know it involves a lot of units, but it really seems to happen at random. O_o

Hi there, I still exist.

Taking advantage of the title of the thread: Nyerguds (or White), If I want to make a vehicle in many perspectives the way the SHP files demands, what is the proportion of length and width to draw a unit? (or angle)

Back to original thread:

MattAttack (from Las Vegas I suppose ehehehe), I'll take a look at the triggers&teamtypes of your new mission. If I see something different I'll let you know.

See ya', guys!

hey solo... Yeah I rearranged the triggers in my .ini and everything works fine.  Posted final mission here: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2020.0

As far as the shp's are concerned, when I open the conquer.mix in xcc mixer and look at shp files it lists the sizes there.  If that's what you're talking about, of course.

Not sure.

I got some *.OBJ files and have installed a 3D soft.

So now, I need to know which angle I have to rotate the units, 'cuz I'll port them to SHP via screenshots.

That will be my shortcut.

And later I'll refine them in the omnisuperpowerfull PAINT.

Taking advantage of the title of the thread: Nyerguds (or White), If I want to make a vehicle in many perspectives the way the SHP files demands, what is the proportion of length and width to draw a unit? (or angle)

This is the approximation I've used a few times... it's probably not perfect though:

projection.png

huh? Golden ratio? How does that work?  O_o

I just calculate it with simple trigonometry.

arcsin(25/45) = 33.74898859588859 degrees

So pretty much 33.75 degrees. I remember rounding it up to 34 because I tested with a bunch of other units (MCV, flat rocket launcher turret...) and getting higher values with those.

You'd probably had googled that yet, but it's an allegged perfect relation of bidimensional variables, again, found everywhere in nature and related to Fibonacci blá, blá, blá

the number is a established "magic" number like PI.

It's 1.61803399...

But I made a mistake in the calculation. I used excel and probably used SEN function, when actually must be used ASEN (arcsin).

The result is 38.17º ---- \edit  =arcsin(1/1.61803399)

I'll test both numbers later and see what fits better for TD.

Excellent book on this matter is AGAINST THE GODS (BERNSTEIN, Peter). obs: in BR, the name of the book is Challenge against the gods, the fascinating history of risk.

Anyway, if you haven't, it's a must read. Around 400 pages, but probably you're done in a week (with some free time or less sleep time).

Thanks anyway!