Help with streaming and game resolution issues on CnCNet

aWarNoob1

I just got a new gaming rig and I finally have the option to play Ra2/Yr at a higher resolution.

3840x2160 Resolution works only on some maps. I get a stutter and the border of the map breaks on some maps like Tour of Egypt 

Here's an example:

Skip to minute 1 of the video

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1983201565

I prefer 2560x1600 and it actually works well on all maps, but now I can't stream it in fullscreen. At 2560x1600 my stream only shows the gameplay at top left corner of the screen like this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1983205852?filter=all&sort=time

I prefer 2560x1600 for gameplay, but I don't mind 3840x2160. Is there a fix for any of this? If not i'll just have to stick with 2560x1600 and forget streaming gameplay.

I tried a few things like changing the renderer to TS-DDraw and changing video base canvas and output resolutions on the OBS settings. Nothing helped.

Edited by aWarNoob1

its happening because your screen resolution exceeds the map size. its more of an issue with how the game behaves at large resolutions than an issue with cncnet. its kind of unfortunate, but playing at that res is usually not preferred anyways. on a side note, playing with super high resolutions generates a lot of lag ingame

• Check 1

8 hours ago, McPwny said:

its happening because your screen resolution exceeds the map size. its more of an issue with how the game behaves at large resolutions than an issue with cncnet. its kind of unfortunate, but playing at that res is usually not preferred anyways. on a side note, playing with super high resolutions generates a lot of lag ingame

Didn't know about this. 3840x2160 reso is cool because you can almost see the entire map without having to scroll, but everything looks so tiny it's hard to keep track of gameplay and unit control. I wish there was a high-reso patch to fix map problems with this resolution. If there is more lag with this reso then it's just another reason not to use it though.

I'll stick to 2560x1600.

Any idea why OBS doesn't stream the game in fullscreen with 2560x1600 resolution though? I tried streaming through Display Capture and through Gameplay capture and the results are the same. It streams my desktop and cncnet client in fullscreen just fine. Once game starts it only streams the game in the top left corner portion of the screen. It's weird. I'm guessing this is more of an issue with OBS or Twitch than the cncnet client or Yuri's itself. Hopefully someone here can tell me a fix for this.

Edited by aWarNoob1

On 11/21/2023 at 9:11 PM, aWarNoob1 said:

Any idea why OBS doesn't stream the game in fullscreen with 2560x1600 resolution though? I tried streaming through Display Capture and through Gameplay capture and the results are the same. It streams my desktop and cncnet client in fullscreen just fine. Once game starts it only streams the game in the top left corner portion of the screen. It's weird. I'm guessing this is more of an issue with OBS or Twitch than the cncnet client or Yuri's itself. Hopefully someone here can tell me a fix for this.

Maybe because you are recording the screen at your desktop resolution and it doesn't match the game resolution.

If you do right click on the screen capture option (or whatever you have created) there should be an option called something like ''resize output/source size''.

This will match your game screen size with your OBS.

wrfvqrew.jpg

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90
adding a screen capture
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

Maybe because you are recording the screen at your desktop resolution and it doesn't match the game resolution.

If you do right click on the screen capture option (or whatever you have created) there should be an option called something like ''resize output/source size''.

This will match your game screen size with your OBS.

wrfvqrew.jpg

Holy Cow! This fixed it for me. Thank you man! Gonna start streaming some Yuri's from now on.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Like 1