Help with CCmap triggers

ktmmyride

Sup all, after a few days now of trying, I have decided I just need some help. Story is I have made a few maps in CCmap that I am keen to play. I have also transfered them to the covert new missions correctly. I need help with triggers, I have read Nyerguds manual and another manual about the ini files but I think I really need a video or someone to lay out how exactly to make a simple trigger of the computer base to just build a few units and come attack my base and loop it so the mission feels real. The other issue is I have changed in the ini file to start with =20cred which is 2000 credits but everytime I save then start the mission I begin with 5600 credits.

Sorry boys if this topic is not in the right area. Cheers

hmm.... step #1=production trigger. step #2=trigger that causes team to be produced. I'd start with 'TIME.' a 1 at the end of the trigger will make it loop.  step #3= create the waypoints for the teamtype to move through. step #4=create the teamtype. step #5 test, test, test!  If this still doesn't make sense, look at the original mission files in the general.mix for examples, or even some of the missions here in the radar dome.  Do it up and post your mission, I don't want to be the only person here making them! XD

um, yeah...  You see, 'production' is the trigger that allows the AI to turn on its production capabilities- i.e. rebuild structures and start THE ABILITY to create teams... you only need it once and it does not need to loop.  You also don't need to associate a teamtype with it.  Also, Trigger names should be NO MORE than 4 characters long, or else the game will be confused.

Therefore, it should be: prod=Time,Production,5,BadGuy,None,0

Next, the other triggers should be 'create team' which, you guessed, it, will create the team.

atak=Time,Create Team,10,BadGuy,team2,1

etc, etc.  You seriously would be helped a lot if you just looked at the original game .ini's

And lastly, I would recommend using XCC editor instead of CCmap to create your mission, it's a little less buggy of a program.

thanks for taking the time to look at it. so I understand all that, then do I have to choose the exact building on the map and give that building the 'atak' or the 'prod' trigger to create the team? OR none does the game know where to create a team?  :laugh:

Also in the teamtype window, do I need to be selecting options such as auto create ON, replace destroyed ON and create always ON? or leave them off?

I'll take a look tomorrow, meanwhile put the attack command (in teamtype) to 50 or 99 ...

\edit1

change the name of your triggers to 4 characters like "prd1"

\edit2

my XCC is crashing with more than 130 items in TERRAIN section (actually opening all blank)

as far as I know the limit is 300?!? ...

also, I'm rusty ...

my XCC is crashing with more than 130 items in TERRAIN section (actually opening all blank)

as far as I know the limit is 300?!? ...

Well xcc isn't C&C... and I doubt Olaf even knows about those internal limits.

As for triggers... well, I should really make a C&C95 v1.06 update of the ccmanual, but yeah, everything is in there, with examples. For the rest, simply look in the original missions; see how it's all used there. That's really the best way to learn.

Anyway.

the computer base to just build a few units and come attack my base and loop it so the mission feels real.

You need a few things for that... first of all, a Production trigger. Production tells the computer to actually start producing anything. This means it starts building units, and starts (re)building the buildings specified in the [base] list.

Starting Production is usually done with either a timed trigger, or a cell trigger, so they either start producing after you got some time to set up your base, or after you start exploring around a bit.

An example of the timed one would simply be:

[Triggers]
prod=Time,Production,0,None,None,0

The 'owner' of a timed trigger is a bit dodgy though. Usually, you set it to either None, or the player side. Since this is just the house that 'triggers' the 'Time' action, it should never be any other house.

A celltrigger one means you need to make a "blockade" of celltriggers on all exits from the player start area to the enemy base. For safety reasons, this blockade should be at least 2 cells thick to prevent diagonal crossing.

[Triggers]
prod=Player enters,Production,0,Goodguy,None,0

[CellTriggers]
232=prod
233=prod
234=prod
(...and probably a load more)

The trigger owner HAS TO BE the player side. Always remember, the trigger owner is NOT the side that gets the effect. It's a restriction that says only that player can activate the trigger.

Now, the actual attack can be done in 2 ways. Either with Create Team, or with Autocreate.

Another common misconception, as with the trigger owner, is that 'Create Team' makes the AI build the units. This is wrong. Building the units is a setting on the teamtypes. Create Team makes the AI combine the units into a group to send them out to do something.

[Triggers]
atk1=Time,Create Team,20,GoodGuy,attack1,1

[TeamTypes]
attack1=Badguy,1,0,0,1,0,15,1,0,0,2,LTNK:2,E1:5,2,Move:4,Attack Units:50,0,0

On the Trigger:

This is a timed trigger, set to 20 time units (1 time unit is one minute on middle game speed), and the "1" at the end makes it repeating. Do note that even if Production isn't active yet, if the AI has enough Recruitable (meaning, on Guard mode, and not in a team already) units around to make the team, it'll probably still create the team and send it to your base.

On the Teamtype:

The number right after the "15" in the Teamtype is a multiplier. Put this on 2 for this team and you'll get 4 LTNKs and 10 minigunners attacking you.

Now here's the important part: anything greater than 0 for that number indicates that, from the moment Production is started, and NO MATTER WHETHER YOU HAVE ANY "CREATE TEAM" TRIGGERS FOR IT, the AI WILL always keep these units around, meaning, if it doesn't have any that are Recruitable (see my note above), it will build them. That number is what REALLY makes the AI build units.

The most important effect of this is that if you put a bunch of 'unused' team definitions in the TeamTypes section, chances are this value is set, and the AI will still produce them.

Note that in more scripted missions (like, missions without a base), you can put this on 0 to make the AI use units on the map to create patrols etc, or to make one specific civilian move to one specific point on the map, and stuff like that.

The other issue is I have changed in the ini file to start with =20cred which is 2000 credits but everytime I save then start the mission I begin with 5600 credits.

Starting credits are set per House (Goodguy, Badguy, etc). Make sure you set the credits on the same House as the one you put in the Player= field in the [basic] section.

I do hope you didn't actually put "Credits=20cred" on the line, btw. Should just get a number.

• 2 weeks later...

Righto, g'day all, thanks for all the replies I have now been able to successfully do all of that and it worked! I have 3 more unexplained things to ask though.

1. How do I view the maps that are already in game. Where do I find them I cant see any ini files for them?

2. How to I make the game say Mission Acc. at the end what trigger causes this?

3. How to I adjust the view when the mission starts? e.g if my base/units are at the bottom right of the map the cursor starts at the top left.

Cheers guys

Hi Ktmmyride!!!

1- To view the original maps you can extract them using the XCC Mixer or in a better way you can open XCC Editor and Open from Mix.

2-Create a trigger "WIN" for example, and make an event according to your mission objective. ex.: Destroy a speciefic building, Event: Destroyed / Trigger: Win and attach the trigger to the building. (In you attach to multiple buildings and the objective its to destroy them all just set the Loop:1 and dont forget to attach the buildings to the trigger.

You can make a WIN trigger like the third mission in the NOD Campaign. Just make a event like Event:ANY / Trigger: Cap=win/Des=Lose and attach to the speciefic building.

3-You have to place the waypoint 26 the map. See an example in the image bellow:

PTz5o.jpg

See the blue lines? These represent the starting screen and you see the 26 at the top left, that represents the waypoint. Placing them like the image, you'll get a diferent starting camera position. :D

Sorry if I didn't made you understand ( I think anyone understands, nevermind  :P )

1. How do I view the maps that are already in game. Where do I find them I cant see any ini files for them?

Use XCC Mixer to get to them. Look inside conquer.mix for campaign stuff and original release multiplayer maps, inside sc-001.mix for Covert Operations and the expansion-added multiplayer maps, inside sc-000.mix for the dinosaur campaign, and inside sc-psx and sc-n64 for the missions I added from the console versions.

2. How to I make the game say Mission Acc. at the end what trigger causes this?

You said you read the mission making guide. It has a list of the triggers; win is amongst them. For the rest, look at how the campaign does it. The most common win trigger is All Destroyed,Win,0,[side to destroy],none,0

3. How to I adjust the view when the mission starts? e.g if my base/units are at the bottom right of the map the cursor starts at the top left.

As GiftS showed, Waypoint 26 is the top left corner cell of the starting view. This is ALSO in the mission making manual. So please, just read through it all again.